Eagle's Nest Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 410 feet Route Type: Loop

Moderate family friendly hike. View of the Canyon is okay when you make it to the end. Ended up doing the extra side trail loop Eagles Nest which added another 1.8 miles or so to my hike. Beautiful sunny afternoon. Some shade. Would recommend.

I had fun hiking this trail with the kids. You hike up couple times, nothing thats hard. We saw lots of butterfly on our way up. It didnt have a lot of shade, you might want to bring a picnic blanket if you want to stop on the top and just enjoy the view for a bit. This trail is clearly marked.

Start off on Fletcher Canyon Trail and come back to Eagles Nest. Fletcher is under the canopy of the trees up & back. Nice to get out in the open and get some sun once on Eagles Nest Loop. Clearly marked and sometimes see deer.

It's a great day to hike after being cooped up indoor for over 2 months. Love the outdoors!

Beautiful views, easy trail. Please pick-up your pet's poop! Be responsible and respectful to others!

Beautiful morning Hike. Not too hot in the Sun yet. Not many people.

Okay trail. Super easy going, but little to no shade for 75% of the hike.

recorded Eagle's Nest Trail

Good easy hike for someone just getting into hiking !

This trail is awesome if you are looking for a mild experience with little to no scrambles or climbing. There are a few areas with steep uphill, but they are short. Overall great trail, well marked and leisurely. Additionally, the trail is very scenic and great new or inexperienced hikers.

Very nice walk for a winter evening. Mostly uncovered so sun is a factor. Beautiful views. Beginning of trail is steep but rest is easy. Enjoy!

Nice trail. 1st part is a little bit of a climb up but the majority of it is more flat. Not a ton of shade on the loop part of the trail but enough for the occasional break.

Awesome easy morning trail!

Super fun, lots of hummingbirds, flowers, loved the view, can't believe I drove past this gem so many times personally I prefer this one to say st. Mary's for sure way more scenic

Pretty easy hike. You have to climb up a hill to get started but after that the incline is so gradual it feels pretty flat most of the way. Not a ton of shade but there are some shady spots you can stop and take a break in.

Great leisure trial. Short and sweet. We did see a few runners on this path, along with many dogs. I would say it would be great for kids. I would also recommend bug spray

Slightly moderate to easy hike....if I do it again I will go counterclockwise on the trail for a bit more cardio. Pretty hike, lots of lizards and birds. Continued on to Fletcher Canyon and that made it all worth while.

Beautiful place for a sunset hike

Beautiful Trail! The views are very nice and pretty much 360 degrees once you reach the top of the hill where it splits to Fletcher Canyon. Temp was 80 degrees at the trail and 105 down in Las Vegas. I'm so glad I got out the city for a day to hike, I don't think it was easy by any means. I rate it as hard up to the top of the first hill, moderate up to the switchbacks (which were kinda fun) and then easy the second half. Of a lot of the tails in the area, this one is a nice distance to hike for a day trip without beating yourself up too bad. Very rocky trail. Bring decent shoes. Did it in a pair of Jordan's regretfully.

The first incline was intense, but there were shady spots to rest. Very peaceful and beautiful views. Less traveled than Fletcher’s Canyon. We went off trail for a bit and were able to see a Black-tailed Jack Rabbit, it was huge. My dog also let me know of a Coyote that he sensed in the area, and I saw it high on the tree line. It is also used by horses, so be aware of that. But worth the hike and we felt alone on the mountain.

That first hill is no joke, but the views are worth it!

Very good hike. Starts at the Fletcher Canyon trailhead. The first big hill is the most difficult then it's pretty easy. Easy for children. Great views

Thu May 23 2019

Easy. Good way to add a couple miles. Elevation change is negated by gradual switchbacks. Well maintained and pretty well marked. Couple of small paths off the trail that you watch out for if you want to stay on the trail.

Thu May 02 2019

Went toward the end of April. Temperature was perfect and there was a little river from the snow melting. It was a good exercise for my dog since it wasn’t to much of a incline. There were a lot of bugs probably because the changing of the weather/seasons.

Sun Mar 17 2019

great trail with nice overlooks. still patchy snow and slush, makes for mud is some spots. bring good water proof boots.

Sun Mar 03 2019

This was a great trail! Unfortunately we did not look at the weather prior to going and it hailed while we were out there. We were not dressed for the weather. There were some spots on the trail that had deeper snow, so feet got a bit wet near the end of the loop. We just followed the prior footsteps and it wasn’t too difficult to stay on the path!