Dry Pond Trail

Dry Pond Trail is a 6.8 mile out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked this on Saturday, 2/10, it was muddy and icy in several areas. Did not hike down the back side as many said it was very icy. Great hike, beautiful scenery. Lots of dogs and bikers too!

We hiked this trail yesterday and other than it being a bit muddy on some parts of the trail it was a great hike! Our dogs had a blast and every other person/dog owner we passed was so friendly. (As were the dogs). There’s a few parts where you will be hiking at a slight incline but other than that it’s a pretty easy hike!

Amazing little trail. Especially gorgeous in the fall with the autumnal colors. I posted about it on my blog (https://www.brisul.com/www.brisul.com/2017/10/20/dry-pond-hike)

Beautiful and serene. The views from the south side are amazing.

Somewhat confusing since there's a couple other trail paths, but overall it has a beautiful view and is mostly shaded.

Great hike

real nice

Beautiful hike!

I went bike bike riding and it had some great views.

Very nice

Had an amazing time. Took my 8 and 4 year old plus my 4 month baby with me and they did just fine.

Great hike lovely views throughout. Great for hiking or trail running! Loved how close it is to Reno

Nice moderate hike. Went in May and the pond at the top was beautiful!

Loved this hike! I did this hike on a warm day in April and was surprised to find a beautiful pond at the peak. My little hiking Boston Terrier was able to complete it no problem, but it also provided a nice workout. There was an even mix of sun and shade. Definitely a new favorite!

Originally we use this trail to connect the upper creek trail and whites creek trail, but the pond on this trail gave us an amazing scene with unexpected beauty.

One of my favorite hikes. I highly recommend the loop using whites creek and Thomas creek with .7 miles on Timberline Rd to connect. The road is only light traffic.

This trails is sick. This is five minutes down the hill from my house and rad

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Good day hike easy access, good exercise with moderate climb on a good trail.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Good day hike easy access, good exercise with moderate climb on a good trail.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

these were very generous ratings.... yes there was beautiful scenery (Oct 23) but the trail ended very anticlimacticly by butting up with another trail at a particularly drab location. I'd probably try to incorporate it into a loop next time.