Church's Pond via Jones-White Creek Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reno, Nevada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this is not a moderate hike. it is hard. 2100ft gain in 3 miles, the first mile is pretty much straight up. then switchbacks from there and you go up forever. the top is worth it. it's worth it to go the additional .5miles to churches pond. it was beautiful today. the aspens were so bright. I thought I was in pretty good hiking shape,but this climb kicked my butt-and my calves. and I got 6.97 miles.

This trail was more difficult than moderate in my opinion. It was also 6.6 miles and not 6.3. It is a gorgeous trail full of surprises. The views close to the top are breathtaking! I definitely wished I could have jumped in the pond due to the heat but the water looked pretty gross. I will be doing this trail again in fall when it cools down a bit.

Get ready for a great workout! Nice views of Washoe Lake and beyond. Plenty of water at the Pond for a nice foot cooling.

This is my go to for a convenient hike that is a great workout, has big trees and great views. Reaching the top is an event!

Thought we were never going to make it to the top. Definitely should be rated Difficult, and only because you go up from 5000 elevation to 9000 at the top. Did not get to see the pond because of the snow blocking the path. Snow was also melting and made it a little treacherous in some areas. Definitely recommend this trail to people who are used to big inclines and high elevation, not meant for people that are beginning hikers.

I really enjoy Galena Park. I enjoy the smell of the pine forest. There are small flowers blooming along the edge of the trail near the trailhead. Church's Pond is pretty with the mountains behind. I took the back way down and made the loop. Still a few spots with snow, but totally passable with anything more than sandals.

I have so much fun on this trail! There are other versions of this same trail, but I'm more than happy to do it several times. The incline is quiet steep but the views are totally worth it.

Icy in spots this time of year but very fun

Great moderate hike up and back. The Pond has always has water and is a great place for a picnic

Well kept trail with a pleasant little pond at the end.

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

My favorite October hike in Reno, Beautiful Aspen groves along the way and in/around Churches Pond.