Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Calico Basin Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 853 feet Route Type: Loop

I really liked this trail, one of my favorites in the park. The beginning was a little tricky to find the main trail (app is helpful) - but after that pretty obvious route. The views are outstanding the whole way - and the end point vista was surprising to me. Some slight scrambling, very fun. Follow my instagram for more adventures @julie_journeys

fee

Great trail and I am a beginner. I am over weight and have asthma, but just take your time. It’s worth the uphill climb and the views are beautiful.

Great trail, beautiful scenery! Great for beginner, easy parking.

closed

No more access from the map direction Can Park on the top of Alta and follow many passes. Superb view on both way (Red Rock and City Strip)

Nice loop trail, only moderate as you take the trail to the top for an incredible view of Las Vegas. Many dog walkers but unfortunately many lazy ones who don’t pick up their dog waste. The trails have a lot of dog waste be careful watch your step otherwise it’s a great trail!

I followed the Calico Basin Trail as marked on Google Maps. It is a little shorter and looks more interesting than the route marked here. It started on Calico Basin Road at 36.1453803, -115.4041803. After about 1-2km, you approach a large rock formation, with many huge boulders that have broken off over the years. I completed the loop in an anti clockwise direction, taking a left up a slop to the top of a ridge which allows an elevated view of the huge monolithic rock formation. This was fairly easy for me. It was obviously hot but not too strenuous. Completed in around 2 hours, including some time to explore the rocks.

Sun Jan 27 2019

This was kind of weird for me. I know it says moderate but this one kicked my but. I ended up clocking 4.2 miles. Lots of lose rock and fell several times. Didn't have my hiking stick and I was alone this trip. Beautiful scenery everywhere you look. Also, although I can't find it, I was diverted this direction because of a fatality in the main park, and this is the first stop on the Calico Basin road. It said Red Spring/Calico Basin, but All Trails has no listing for it....

Fri Mar 15 2019