Bluffs Trail

Bluffs Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Overton, Nevada. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful trail, rock path was a plus.

Love this trail! Clear path, beautiful scenery, views of Lake, balance of rocky and smooth terrain.

this is definitely a simpler trail to walk and is about 2.5 miles round trip. we had our 3 year old son and our 1 year old German Shepherd with us. We completed the hike in about an hour and a half. the trail is nicely marked out and is nice to walk :) we will do this trail again. it was nice we had our park pass too to save us from paying the 20$ entrance fee (which is good for 7 days).

$20 entry fee into Lake Mead Recreation Area. Park at campground info signs right as you enter the campground. We passed two people on our hike along the river. It was easy, quiet and a beautiful sunny winter day. I would not recommend this in the heat as there is no shade.

Just got back from hiking the Bluffs Trail. I give it a 3 star rating only because it's an easy, out and back hike with decent views. There's nothing difficult about this trail, so it's great for kids, walking the dog, etc. I did like that there was no one else on the trail on a Sunday late morning/early afternoon. For that reason I'd give it a 4th star. (NOTE: I'm a 49yr old avid hiker in great shape; I went here to take my dog for a short hike -- she's a short dog ;)

Nice trail, great to take people who have never been hiking or out of town guests. Will give them a taste of what it’s all about. Took my dogs off leash. They enjoyed it too.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Parking is at the campground, nice view and pretty well maintained trail. A few parts looked a little washed out but you can still walk through fine.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Nice views and easy. No other hikers on Trail.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Good hike, but the elevation data on here is incorrect. According to my fitness tracker, it was 294'.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

very easy. pick up the trail at lake las Vegas campground site #72
park near restroom
clearly marked most of the way
you'll know when you're at the end. the last steps a doozie
in the Lake Mead national park. may have to pay $20 entry fee

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Easy and very enjoyable?

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It is a nice easy trail with beautiful views. Boulders line the trail. Since it is a national park be sure to bring $10 cash for the week or a year pass which is $80. Happy hiking!

Saturday, May 27, 2017