Black Mountain Trail

Black Mountain Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Henderson, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

It was harder than we thought, especially the last leg of the hike. Gets really steep and rocky at the end, but well worth it. Great view of Vegas, Henderson and stateline looking south.

I don't know about moderate... It gets rocky and steep at the end, so watch your step! Lots of switchbacks at the top. There's a canister at the top, don't forget to sign the notebook inside it :)

Lots of switch backs which made the hike more enjoyable. The last mile to the summit is the most challenging in that you need to stay focused and plant each step securely. The views from the summit are worth the effort. Although I didn't use my trekking poles or gloves on the way up, I'm glad I brought them for the trip down for stability and maneuvering. Lastly, I'm 62 and it took me 1 hr 50 minutes to reach the summit and the same amount of time down to the car. Remember if you pack it in - pack it out.

This trail has awesome views I didn't make it all the way to the end, but I am not in great shape. I will definitely go again. It wasn't too crowded which was nice because we brought our dogs.

Love this trail, view the entire way up & not too many other hikers either!!

Loved this hike! Strenuous but you get a beautiful view. One of my new favorite hikes in vegas !

Great awesome trail!

The loop trail is best hiked ccw. The basalt boulders are easier to cross going up rather than down. We logged 6.6 miles on the loop from the Shadow Canyon access. This is simply the primo hike in the Henderson area-amazing vistas, challenging terrain, and easy access.