Black Mountain Trail

Black Mountain Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Henderson, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2063 feet

it gets pretty steep so hiking shoes are a must

Omg what a great trail but it definitely kicked my ass. the view from the top is worth it though.
March 25, 2018.

Pretty tough climb! The mountain progressively gets more challenging, but the view at the top is worth it. I wouldn’t do this on a day above 75° or any kind of rain. I’ve done some other “hard” trails on AllTrails, but this one was the toughest so far (mainly the ascent).

Awesome challenging trail. Definitely worth the view.

love the elevation gain.

if you want a harder 404 trail to the top of black mountain then go to the left of the original starting point wooden sign.

where you start the trail at the shack there are two Trails one to the left side of the mountain and one to the right side of the mountain.. The one to the left side by the water tanks or big beige gas tanks is a more strenuous difficult trail that not many can handle.

so if you want more of an adventure go to the left.

keep up with the trail with the wooden stakes poking out and rocks that prior hikers have placed on trail.

enjoy!

-Jeremiah

great hike, cool views at the top

Hiked this trail on New Year’s Eve. Spectacular 360 degree views from the top. Ammo box in rock circle at peak has book you can sign. Slippery rocks and steep last part of climb to top and down the same with switchbacks. Took us about 4 hours with a 5yr old who’s a pretty good scrambler.

Nice, easy and beautiful trail. It gets difficult the last ‘leg’ of the hike to reach the summit. Rocks can be slippery and you are very exposed. Be prepared and be careful.

Trail 404. A gradual but continual uphill. Relatively easy until the last half mile or so. Not the prettiest hike but it’s worth it for the views at the top!

Good hike with most of the elevation change towards the last quarter. It'll challenge you, but the views are totally worth it.

Unreal view great fall hike

Fun and worth the climb but definately not easy, kind of scary at some points too, still plan on doing it again, highly recomended!

Nice and smooth path no major challenges

strong incline great view at the top.

Hard, but well worth it!!

Great day hike with the best view of the Las Vegas valley!

We hiked this in March and I like to wait 6 moths to review to let it set in ;)
Fun hike and certainly challenging....uphill all the way with few flat areas for rest.
The best views in the valley from the peak and well worth the challenging work out. You will need to use your hands quite a bit and I suggest wearing gloves in warmer weather as the rocks get really hot.

Was pretty easy at first and then it got hard in about 5 minutes flat, mostly due to the loose rock towards the top of the mountain. Definitely would not go without at least one other person. Ran into a diamondback about halfway back down the trail I was about 2 inches from stepping on him, almost was bitten. Lots of harmless lizards but beware of snakes. Flowers are beautiful, and the summit was breathtaking. Was a fun experience, but probably wouldn't go a second time (I'm deathly afraid of snakes).

This is a great hike! We were prepping for a spartan race there's is flats for running and steeps for hiking. Varying levels of difficulty all in one place. When you reach the top where the flag post is, has a great view of the city.

Hiked up to the top in the dark so I could watch the sunrise from the peak. Totally worth it, what an incredible view.

Great trail, most of it is very good, the last mile gets thought, absolutely no shade but overall a good trail, I give it a 4.5 and will do it again soon.

This hike was excellent, with the occasional hard vertical areas that where challenging to negotiate.The view from the top is beautiful and well worth the time spent getting there. The Flag at the top has a Ammi can with paper and pen to write. Please bring trail food and water bottle to leave behind in case others are in need. Love and Peace, DaniYal Yahu.

Very enjoyable!! Saw a tortoise on the way back near the intersection with trail 402. I don't recall seeing any mileage markers after 1.25.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

It was harder than we thought, especially the last leg of the hike. Gets really steep and rocky at the end, but well worth it. Great view of Vegas, Henderson and stateline looking south.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

I don't know about moderate... It gets rocky and steep at the end, so watch your step! Lots of switchbacks at the top. There's a canister at the top, don't forget to sign the notebook inside it :)

Monday, March 27, 2017

Lots of switch backs which made the hike more enjoyable. The last mile to the summit is the most challenging in that you need to stay focused and plant each step securely. The views from the summit are worth the effort. Although I didn't use my trekking poles or gloves on the way up, I'm glad I brought them for the trip down for stability and maneuvering. Lastly, I'm 62 and it took me 1 hr 50 minutes to reach the summit and the same amount of time down to the car. Remember if you pack it in - pack it out.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

This trail has awesome views I didn't make it all the way to the end, but I am not in great shape. I will definitely go again. It wasn't too crowded which was nice because we brought our dogs.