Big Falls Trail

Big Falls Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Charleston, Nevada that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

loved it once I found it

Somewhat off path trail, climbing over boulders and fallen trees, the falls at the end is refreshing and worth the hike. You definitely need hiking shoes with good traction for this trail, as it may be slippery.

Fun and moderately challenging hike that is off the beaten path and AWAY from all the crowds going up to Mary Jane Falls. It's the middle of July and water is still flowing at Big Falls. It started raining pretty hard once we arrived which made the trip going down a bit more treacherous as the rocks became pretty slick. Worth the challenge and I'm glad I did it.

Awesome hike, fun & a little challenging with a beautiful waterfall at the end! Loved it

This trail was just right for a morning hike, with a great balance of everything. I love scrambling, and with the river bed and boulders, downed trees, a mixture of shade and sun, it pretty much all the right spots for everything I like condensed into one short hike with a nice little (tall) waterfall at the end as a reward. If taking dogs on this hike, I would only take little ones that you could carry/lift over certain spots, or moderately athletic dogs. Also good for active kids - but if you aren't wearing shoes with good grip, be careful because the boulders are more slippery (even when dry) than they look.

This is rather hard as it's all rocks. My partner didn't want to finish it as we did the other trail already and he was getting irritated by the climbing over river style rocks. I really liked it though as there was nobody around, there is somewhat of a trail so it's not like you get lost, it's adventurous. Sad I didn't see the waterfall:(

Nice and easy, enjoyable hike. Water was still flowing in mid-July.

Hiked in both sun and shade. Follow the dry creek bed - no marked path. Lots of boulders and downed trees to traverse. Started at 7:30a and once we were in the sun, it was already hot. Worth the hike - Big Falls had plenty of water today.