Bently Heritage Trail

Bently Heritage Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Minden, Nevada that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 4.6 miles Elevation Gain: 29 feet Route Type: Loop

Trail is relatively flat, but I would recommend wearing pants as at least half of the trail goes through brush that hits your kegs as you walk and some of it is stickery. I would say it's an easy hike except for the duration, there is little shade and nowhere to sit. There are alternate paths that are shorter though.

Recommended for early morning or evening as there is no shade. Bring bug spray! Nice views of the Carson river and range.

Friend and I enjoyed this as something different. We wanted to see the river, which was beautiful but no place to really sit to enjoy it...tons of mosquitos, but the breeze off the river was great on a 80degree day. First part of the trail was a literal river running down it, but we were able to navigate off to either side until it was above water again. We also made it to the top of the loop before it was completely flooded out and had to turn around and go back the way we came then cross over in a lower loop. We saw jack rabbits galore, lots of different birds, eagles nests and interesting wildlife habitats. Good trail to walk and talk since it’s flat. I’d wear big spray next time! :-)

Monday, March 16, 2015