Ash Canyon and Kraft Mountain Loop

Ash Canyon and Kraft Mountain Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 3.9 miles Elevation Gain: 1,040 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Really hard to follow, since trails run off in all directions. Just pick a spot you want to go to and choose any one of the multiple trails leading that direction. I'll come back and try to follow the actual loop next time.

I began by going left first. Started off fairly simple but quickly got off trail once the incline began increasing and the canyon closed in around me. I forgot to start recording from the parking lot thus it appears as if I began the hike off-trail (obviously wasn’t dropped off by a helicopter lol). Once I got past Ashe Canyon, and some fun scrambles, the trail became increasingly easy and obvious to follow. Eventually, the pretty browns, tans, and reds disappeared and it became grey, but once I made it to what I believe was Kraft Mountain, the sights were pretty again. Shortly after, I was back at the parking lot. Overall, this hike was moderate at best. I started left and was fine, having completed harder trails, but I recommend beginners or the elderly to start off going right first because it’s quicker to get back to the parking lot if you get tired early on. Good exercise in a short amount of time.

recorded Kraft Mountain Loop Trail