Arrow Canyon

Arrow Canyon is a 8.5 mile out and back trail located near Moapa, Nevada. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

I loved this hike. We were in a F150 and we chose to walk from the parking are - the first wash is not in great condition - remember you have to get out. The petroglyphs, if you find them, are in great condition. The ones in the narrows are modern art! There is a lot of fossils and you can clearly see fault lines. There is a lot of loose rock in the narrow. When you get to the cave be sure to look on the ground - the sand takes good foot prints,

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

It was okay. Very long walk though, I suggest you bring LOTS of WATER & stay hydrated!!! It was also kinda hard to see some of the petroglyphs but it was interesting.. I had a good time with my dog and my grandma :)

Friday, February 19, 2016

First, you will need a 4x4 vehicle or at a vehicle with good clearance to make it to the trailhead, or you are going to have to hike an extra 5 miles there and back. The rock paintings every one talks about are hard to find and I did not manage to find the major wall of petroglyphs. I will go back sometime and try again. And they "recently" built a Dam Wall at the far side of the canyon, I guess to control the flooding, so you can not exit the canyon and continue the trail, there may me a "new" trail around this obstacle, but did not look for it, maybe next time.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Easy, flat hike. Fun to see all the petroglyphs on the canyon walls. Definitely worth it!