Zorinsky Lake Trail Full Loop

Zorinsky Lake Trail Full Loop is a 7.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

The 144th Street boulevard trail begins on the north at Standing Bear lake near Ida Street. It lies on both sides street although the prevalent continuous section will favor the west until its connection with the Mopac trail at the junction of Hwy. 50 and Hwy. 370.

Good for a nice stroll. Relaxing to be by the lake.

Nice trail to walk, has something to see all along the trail.

I love it is so good for walking or running!!

Really a beautiful man made lake with paved walking/ biking paths. Not as many trees as we'd've liked but still a nice mild walk.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Nice trail. Kind of scenic. Lots of covered areas. Very busy and crowded. Recent rain made it so that the road had to be crossed instead of using the rain. I would recommend this trail at times when not so busy.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Ran this trail twice and got lost both times. They really need to mark this trail better, too many extensions that can easily lead you to nowhere, not much to ask. Also, too many rude people standing on the trail glued to their phones with dogs on leash while allowing their 4 year olds to ride around unguided. Doesn't help when the trails are somewhat narrow too. I gave this trail 2 stars because, I like the layout of the trail itself, lots of shade.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Good workout.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Love this place!! Some wooded area and the lake is absolutely amazing! Length is perfect as well.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Great trails off the pavement.

sea kayaking
Monday, November 09, 2015

I really love this trail and the lake is really nice for Kayaking. What a jewel.

Monday, September 28, 2015

Easy walking trail, high volume which is ok. Family friendly, never a problem. enjoyed seeing Law Enforcement using the trail which provides a nice safety feature.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nothing special but a good lake

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

This is a nice park trail, that has 2 distinct parts. The east side is open and has a hill where the damn is, the west side has more shade and is pretty level.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

It was great in the winter. Fairly well plowed and not too much traffic for a sunny January Sunday afternoon. Dog liked it too.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Really enjoy this trail, but it is a popular spot in Omaha. If you want a more isolated trail, this isn't the trail for you. Even with the numbers of people there on any given day, I enjoy my time there.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Nice trail. I usually ride this one a few times a week and am never bored with it.

Monday, May 19, 2014

This is a nice walk on paved trails. The real downfall to Zorinksy is the volume of people on it. There tends to be quite a few bikers speeding along the sharp turns making it somewhat unpleasant if you have a dog on a leash. If you want a little distance without getting your shoes muddy, Zorinsky is a good option.

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Excellent Trail. Bike/Walking/Jogging trails are maintained very well however needs some pavement work. Bikers watch out for dogs on long leashes and loose kids. Otherwise excellent ride and opportunity for fresh air.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Let me start by saying this: in my mind, this is more of a utility trail and less of a recreation trail. One would ride their bike or walk on the 144th Street trail to get around (instead of driving), not for pleasure. There is a lot of stopping at intersections and hitting the crossing button and waiting for the little white man to appear on the sign across the street. On a positive note, I did like this trail because it connects Zorinsky and Walnut Grove with Chalco Hills. I was able to use the 144th Street trail as a connection so my trek was longer on bike and less in a vehicle. All in all, I know that not all the trails in Omaha can be like the Papio or Keystone that have a dedicated paved route separate from vehicles; I like that the city is making an effort. So I guess all I'm trying to say is that I would use this trail to get from point A to point B, not because I think it's particularly enjoyable or scenic.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I run Zorinski several times a week. It is relatively flat. A few small bumps along the way. It can get very crowded. Especially on the weekend and late afternoon. The bikers can get out if control once in a while. Plenty if shade once you get away from the eastern side. I go for the scenery ;)