Wilderness Park Trails

Wilderness Park Trails is a 17.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, Nebraska that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

old growth

Wonderful trail system in (practically) my backyard! Lots of mosquitoes and ticks right now (July) but worth the annoyance.

Pretty suburban park. Up there and back. Be sure and lock up truck and trailer.

This is my favorite trail to run, make sure you wear bug spray, LOTS of mosquitos and ticks(if you beer off trail) When I've brought my dog home he's had a couple ticks even with advantix, so if I go to this trail I usually don't bring my dog. It's a good loop trail about 2.2 miles and you can switch directions and change it up.

Road part of this trail for the first time today as a newbie cycler. It was a lot of fun and had some small hills, sharp turns, tree roots, etc that made it an excellent adventure. I can’t wait to get back but first my noodle legs need to recuperate..

Nice trails close to where I am in Lincoln.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Great trails, forestry, off trails and scenery! But I always worry that I won't find my way back to my car, but that just makes it more of an adventure :-)

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Love this park! ❤

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

This trail is a series of inter-looping multi-use trails. There are hiking, biking and horseback trails. Inside the park they zig-zag around. I have been in summer, winter, and fall and the trails are usable. Traffic varies.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Best trail system in and near Lincoln. Peaceful, yet buggy and flat. Typical for the part of the state. The trail is well maintained and easy to follow, and I had it mostly to myself. There needs to be a pedestrian bridge on old Cheney, as myself and a family of bikers had to sprint across when there was a break in traffic.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Did some hiking in this park today. Was a very pleasant hike. I saw what I believe was an immature bald eagle. The wingspan was incredible. There are many trails in this park and I wish I could find a map of the trails. There are also biking trails here. It is a nice park.

recorded Wilderness Park Trails