Walnut Creek Lake Trail West

Walnut Creek Lake Trail West is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Papillion, Nebraska that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

Walnut Creek Lake is part of the Papio Missouri River Natural Resources District, and is a worthwhile location for a walk, a bike ride, fishing, RV camping, or a picnic. Walnut Creek Lake Trail is three miles long, about ten feet wide, concrete surface, and nice and smooth! Signs advise hikers that is about a one hour walk. The trail has a few steeper slopes in some areas.

We live really close to here and it has become our default walk, ride and run for when its a nice day and we just want to get outside. Its mostly flat, with one small hill and is paved the whole way around. There's always plenty of people of all ages out fishing in the lake, and sometimes they even catch something!

been going here since I was a teenager. I have a dog I like to bring with me and my 11 month old son has been enjoying it too since he was 6months old. I do have to say keep your eye out for people that don't have their dogs on a leash and people that don't restrain their dogs when you are trying to run/jog. Make sure to bring water. And my only complaint that I know is natural is the goose poop alllll over the trail in the best part in my opinion of the trail.

The walk is peaceful and even more so kayaking on the water! Something beautiful to see in every season. Great for kayaking, walking, photography and much more!

Concrete trail. One hour loop. Markers at every tenth mile. Good lake view for most of trail. Covered areas for a picnic. Number of fishing piers. Mostly flat.

easy trail to do for a beginner. Some parts of the easy trail need to be de weeded.

Good park but lots of people constantly bit of you stay off the main paved path and follow to hike,bike, and horse trails it is much more interesting and quiet. My dogs love it.

Walnut Creek has a 5.0 mile mountain bike/hiking trail. It is maintained by THOR. Most of the trail is beginner friendly but has more challenging trail features incorporated. To access, park in main lot off 96th street and ride to east of lot and there is kiosk and trail map there.

Good trail, but definitely populated.