Tranquility Trail

Tranquility Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This Trail is Omaha's first approved off-road trail system in the city limits. These trails are primarily single-track though there are also some short sections of double-track connectors. A good mix of terrain can be found here -- everything from tight switchbacks through pine trees, to wide open grassland climbs, followed by speed-building swooping descents.

Ok, so.... I'm so so on this. I started my hike at the parking lot and was on a great little dirt trail for about 2.6 miles. It says it's supposed to be 3.2 miles. So at be fork in the road that said return to parking lot or continue on another trial, I continued. Well, that was a completely uphill mountain bike trail that made my round trip hike 5 miles. That's fine for me, but others wouldn't like that when they planned for 3.2. I won't be back, BUT the 2.6 and return to parking lot is very enjoyable. It is dog friendly.

Amazing trail for hiking. For the most part the bikers are very friendly. I would not wear headphones on this trail so you could hear the bikers coming up behind you. I find it a good work out if I walk as fast as I possibly can but watch out for the tree roots to try to trip you!

great place close to home to venture in the woods see a bunch of different kind of scenery enjoyed every time I come out here

It was a nice trail, but not great for hiking. The winding paths would be good for biking, but it got repetitive to keep walking back and forth.

Just done this, excellent. http://www.everytrail.com/profile.php?user_id=5547845

More of a bike trail~but it did the trick!

I walked this trail for a bit (about 3.5 miles). Seemed like most people were on bikes though. The sign I read said it was a 10 mile trail. The trail was really narrow for walking. I'm sure it would be a lot more fun on a bike.

Challenging trail for beginning rider, but not too difficult. Can be a little rough due to how narrow the trail gets at times and how low it is compared to the ground on either side. Could use some better markings, somehow missed the turn back to the parking lot and had to find an alternate route to finish the ride. Only rode the southern loop this time, so don't know about the north portion of the trail. Don't pay attention to the 3.2 miles listed, it was actually just over 5 miles. Overall a good, fun ride.

Amazing. Great feel. Challenging and easy. Loved the jump section.

Definitely a biking trail but it was still a nice a really nice place to hike.

Awesome ride! Cool area with drop offs and a jumping section!