Tranquility Trail

Tranquility Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This Trail is Omaha's first approved off-road trail system in the city limits. These trails are primarily single-track though there are also some short sections of double-track connectors. A good mix of terrain can be found here -- everything from tight switchbacks through pine trees, to wide open grassland climbs, followed by speed-building swooping descents.

Really nice trail to walk but the bikes scared the crap out of me.

Nice trail, relatively easy. Well-rutted. Went on a Saturday which was very busy for mountain biking and we were walking our dog. Had to be advised by bikers to go counterclockwise so we could see bikers coming. There are some sharp bends and curves though where you wouldn't have allot of time to react, so that is a bit stressing. I would go again during the week only while most people are going to school or working.

The trails were really nice and easy. Although the construction going on was kind of distracting and actually crossed through on a trail at one point. Had to avoid the machines.

I read that this was kid friendly. I took my 2 yr old and a stroller. Not at all stroller friendy and my kid got a tick.

Ok, so.... I'm so so on this. I started my hike at the parking lot and was on a great little dirt trail for about 2.6 miles. It says it's supposed to be 3.2 miles. So at be fork in the road that said return to parking lot or continue on another trial, I continued. Well, that was a completely uphill mountain bike trail that made my round trip hike 5 miles. That's fine for me, but others wouldn't like that when they planned for 3.2. I won't be back, BUT the 2.6 and return to parking lot is very enjoyable. It is dog friendly.

Amazing trail for hiking. For the most part the bikers are very friendly. I would not wear headphones on this trail so you could hear the bikers coming up behind you. I find it a good work out if I walk as fast as I possibly can but watch out for the tree roots to try to trip you!

Friday, December 02, 2016

great place close to home to venture in the woods see a bunch of different kind of scenery enjoyed every time I come out here

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

It was a nice trail, but not great for hiking. The winding paths would be good for biking, but it got repetitive to keep walking back and forth.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Just done this, excellent. http://www.everytrail.com/profile.php?user_id=5547845

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

More of a bike trail~but it did the trick!

Monday, August 29, 2016

I walked this trail for a bit (about 3.5 miles). Seemed like most people were on bikes though. The sign I read said it was a 10 mile trail. The trail was really narrow for walking. I'm sure it would be a lot more fun on a bike.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Challenging trail for beginning rider, but not too difficult. Can be a little rough due to how narrow the trail gets at times and how low it is compared to the ground on either side. Could use some better markings, somehow missed the turn back to the parking lot and had to find an alternate route to finish the ride. Only rode the southern loop this time, so don't know about the north portion of the trail. Don't pay attention to the 3.2 miles listed, it was actually just over 5 miles. Overall a good, fun ride.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Amazing. Great feel. Challenging and easy. Loved the jump section.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Definitely a biking trail but it was still a nice a really nice place to hike.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Awesome ride! Cool area with drop offs and a jumping section!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

An easy hike. Decent length. Pretty much the only person there today. overall, a nice hike.

Monday, November 30, 2015

If you're looking for trail running, this is not for you. Trails too close to adjacent suburban neighborhoods, not to enjoyable. Trails are big tire tracks and full of bikers and annoying people who don't keep their dogs on a leash.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Not bad for a little stroll in the morning. Went mid-morning on a weekday and only encountered 4 bikers. Would be a great trail for a bike, definitely "easy" for a hike. If you stay in the wooded areas, it is nice and cool and quite pretty. Out in the open, it is just another grass field. You are much more secluded in the wooded areas, while the open areas are often lined by houses in the adjacent neighborhood. Good for any age. Even grandma can go as long as she can walk without a cane.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Nice trail with different type of woods and meadows. Very narrow in parts more suitable for biking than hiking but we hiked it anyway. Be careful if it's wet the clay sand can be very slippery. Pretty.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A decent bike trail with some good banks to turn on. A lot more open trail than forest tho