Tranquility Trail

Tranquility Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This Trail is Omaha's first approved off-road trail system in the city limits. These trails are primarily single-track though there are also some short sections of double-track connectors. A good mix of terrain can be found here -- everything from tight switchbacks through pine trees, to wide open grassland climbs, followed by speed-building swooping descents.

Nice trail, relatively easy. Well-rutted. Went on a Saturday which was very busy for mountain biking and we were walking our dog. Had to be advised by bikers to go counterclockwise so we could see bikers coming. There are some sharp bends and curves though where you wouldn't have allot of time to react, so that is a bit stressing. I would go again during the week only while most people are going to school or working.

The trails were really nice and easy. Although the construction going on was kind of distracting and actually crossed through on a trail at one point. Had to avoid the machines.

I read that this was kid friendly. I took my 2 yr old and a stroller. Not at all stroller friendy and my kid got a tick.

Ok, so.... I'm so so on this. I started my hike at the parking lot and was on a great little dirt trail for about 2.6 miles. It says it's supposed to be 3.2 miles. So at be fork in the road that said return to parking lot or continue on another trial, I continued. Well, that was a completely uphill mountain bike trail that made my round trip hike 5 miles. That's fine for me, but others wouldn't like that when they planned for 3.2. I won't be back, BUT the 2.6 and return to parking lot is very enjoyable. It is dog friendly.

Amazing trail for hiking. For the most part the bikers are very friendly. I would not wear headphones on this trail so you could hear the bikers coming up behind you. I find it a good work out if I walk as fast as I possibly can but watch out for the tree roots to try to trip you!

great place close to home to venture in the woods see a bunch of different kind of scenery enjoyed every time I come out here

It was a nice trail, but not great for hiking. The winding paths would be good for biking, but it got repetitive to keep walking back and forth.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016