Rock Bluff Run Trail is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Falls City, Nebraska that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,125 feet Route Type: Loop

Indian Cave State Park is located 10 miles south of the junction of U.S. Highway 136 and Nebraska Highway 67 west of Brownville, then five miles east on Nebraska Spur 64E.

Muddy as hell but cool views.

It was a great trail with plenty of views for Nebraska! I would label it as a moderate trail, it was only difficult because of the mud which made it slippery on the inclines. Overall it was great and I would recommend it.

Some great inclines and views! Poorly marked in spots but it all connects eventually so you can’t get lost.

Trailhead 5. Signage was a bit confusing. Trail had difficult steep terrain. A great hike 3hours 21 minutes to hike 5.8 miles. Mud in areas but manageable. Beautiful day 50° 4 middle age ladies completed this hike. One of the hardest hikes we have done in 2020

One of the more difficult tails in Nebraska with the steep inclines. Ain’t no mountain hiking but it’ll get your heart pumping. Made a wrong turn on the trail so I didn’t do the whole trail and Indian Cave was closed. Still very enjoyable!

Good trail. Was rated as difficult but was actually more moderate to me, and I consider myself a novice.

This is an excellent hike, with several trails combined for a loop that features a variety of terrain and difficulty. There are some steep ascents topped off by expansive views of the Missouri River, the valley, and the surrounding wooded hills.

closed

We took tail head 10 because the head by the caves was closed. Starts off very steep and narrow eventually opens up. A few parts where it’s over grown and flooded but it’s just that time of the year. It’s a very fun hike and worth the 8 dollars to get into the park

Considering what it costs to camp here, there is no reason that it should be this poorly maintained. Good distance and cool views but crappy marking, plenty of blow-downs, and garbage everywhere. I must have looked like a nut swinging my trekking poles out front of me like some sort of reverse backstroke, but with all the dang spiderwebs, I didn't have much choice. All in all, it was a decent trip, certainly better than nothing.

Had some very beautiful scenic spots to see and will definitely test you on the way up. A little muddy. Worst part was that the trail is not groomed nice...myself and the dogs had to go through some brush and we all came out with ticks on us. Pulled about 5 off of me, and 10 off my two dogs so far.

Tue Jan 22 2019

one of my favorite hikes in nebraska. decent elevation gains when trying to prepare for harder hikes abroad. lots of mosquitos in the summer months. i made a video hiking this trail a few years ago to preview it. check it out here https://youtu.be/cWs-EiGKvys

Sun Sep 23 2018

Not bad for Nebraska. Some decent inclines, decent views of the river, and trail is in good condition. Take bug spray!

Sat Apr 14 2018

Walked trail 9, 10, 11 it was absolutely breathtaking with some pretty steep inclines which I loved, if your looking for an absolutely amazing day and a good workout with some breathtaking views I recommend this place, i drove 2 1/2 hours to go hiking here with my dog and the entry fee was $8 but that little bit of money for the parking ticket is worth every last cent

Thu Jan 25 2018

Had a blast it's a very hiking friendly park. Very cool during Halloween

Tue Dec 05 2017

Quite stunning, if you can handle steep inclines it's totally worth it. Beautiful on a starry night overlooking the valley floor and lights below. Good trail in cooler months, good fall colors. Most scenic trail I've seen in Nebraska

Fri Nov 24 2017

Can't review anything you can't do. Drove an hour and a half to hike this trail and it's currently closed. They are burning off part of the park. Off to try a different one.

Sat Nov 18 2017

This one can be a real butt kicker if you aren't in good shape as it's almost constantly up and down. However, the effort is worth it as the views from the tops of the bluffs are spectacular. Also, there are way more trails than what's on this site, so you can go a shorter or longer distance depending on what you're up for.

Sun Jun 25 2017

Love this park! My husband asked me to marry him on this trail :) So I'm pretty biased, but I like it!

Fri Jun 09 2017

I have hiked the trails in Indian cave state park several times, infact I've covered every inch of the trails here at least twice. The trails and scenery are pretty darn good, however if you're hiking during a hot month you need to bring ridiculous amounts of water with you as there is no water along the trail, only along the paved roads of the park.

Fri Jun 09 2017

Bug spray, bug spray, bug spray. Get 25% or more DEET and bring enough for extra applications. The mosquitoes are terrible. It was steep up, but tougher on the knees going down. It was nice and dry for my trip, but if it were damp, I can see some paths being impassable due to becoming mud chutes. There was plenty of downed branches for firewood. I started at trailhead 11 down by the cave, meandered up and around for a while before setting up for the night at the meadow between trails 9 and 10. I hiked back in the morning down 10 to see the sunrise over the river. There are many overlapping paths you can take to shorten/extend a hike as needed.

Sun May 14 2017

good scenery, nice hike need more Forestry.