Rivers Edge Nature Trail is a 1.4 mile loop trail located near Republican City, Nebraska that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Your experience here will be entirely based on your expectation. This is a NATURE trail and there is a LOT of nature. By this I mean you are walking a short forested loop and a little bit river side. It is a dirt path, single track, often with fallen trees to climb over or under, and depending on the season, deep grass to walk through. My wife and I were wearing shorts, and it gave us a lot of tick-anxiety. Lots of insects—spiders, really big ants, ticks, etc. Probably a good idea to wear tall socks and pants if doing this in a green season. We got to see some cool lizards, deer, prairie dogs, and this huge bird that I couldn’t identify with a 6ft+ wingspan. The riverside parts are really majestic. I would definitely do this again with pants; or if I was wearing shorts, walk it backwards along the river, opposite the trailhead. Cool place that I wouldn’t have found without the app.