MoPac East Trail

MoPac East Trail is a 21.7 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Lincoln, Nebraska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Nice trail. There isn’t any stops directly on the trail so look up places to stop if you need to. Some spots wash out the pea gravel, which they’ve filled certain areas with some bigger rock.

This is a lovely walk on a well-kept, level trail. Trail is good for all age levels, accommodates strollers, and would be a great place for walking dogs. However, keep your dog on a leash and be on the lookout because it is heavily used by bikes. I walked on a Sunday morning at 11 am, and there were many cyclists and a few walkers. I didn’t see anyone running but I think it would be a good trail for that activity. My one complaint (hence three stars) is that when I crossed the bridge over the Platte going south, there were no trail continuation markers. This was very confusing because there are roads and railroad tracks that converge at this point. The trail could use better markings in general because I wasn’t sure if I was walking on private property in several places. I walked the part of the trail by Schramm State Park near Louisville. I will definitely try other parts of this scenic and tranquil trail!

Fun and fast crushed limestone rail-trail. Start on the UNL campus and this becomes a very nice >50 mile out and back.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I live along the MOPAC trail & love how easily accessible it is from our home. The trail is crushed limestone, so it does have a tendency of being muddy after it rains.

The trail runs along the old railroad line, through some densely wooded areas & through a number of towns.

The ride from the trailhead in Lincoln out to Eagle is a nice ride & a very popular ride on Tuesdays from April to October. The park in Eagle, right off the trail, offers a nice resting area with modern restrooms & a drinking fountain.

Monday, February 20, 2017

A crushed limestone route that has lots of bike and foot traffic. It connects to the MoPac trail going West though Lincoln which is concrete and offers many services through town. The East trail is rather remote and passes through various coops. I personally haven't been all the way East but I am looking forward to it.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Great route which many people use.

Friday, September 16, 2016