Keystone Trail

Keystone Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Omaha, Nebraska that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Open all year 5am-11pm. This concrete surface pathway runs between 88th & Fort Streets on the northwest side of Omaha south along the Little Papillion Creek to Cornhusker Highway, connecting to the Bellevue Loop Trail that continues to Haworth Park along the Missouri River.

Not my favorite as a trail to walk my dog on. A number of the cyclists seem to act like they "own" the trail. Rarely did anyone announce themselves if they were coming up behind me to pass, and a couple of times side-by-side riders pretty much took up most of the path so I had to go to the edge and have my dog walk in the grass.

Flat, paved, and well maintained. The drawback is a lack of windbreak.

Biked this trail from the trail head at Fort St. to where it splits into West Papio and Bellevue Loop trails in Papillion. The length is great. Good workout on a bike. Good maintenance. The reason for 3 stars - this is no scenic rout AND I would not bike it at all past Cass St. From Cass to pretty much the trail head at Fort it is just very VERY unpleasant. 1 star unpleasant.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

just quit smoking 4 weeks ago. Wanted to get into shape so I started riding the bike. Been on this trail 4 times now. 3 times in the morning and once in the evening. longest time on the saddle was a 18 mile ride that took 65 minutes. Made me feel young again. Great time, Nothing like riding the street. not much of an incline. No cars to worry about. my goal is to spend the whole day out riding by the end of next summer.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

great trail to get some time in the saddle and just spin. Pick your distance.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Great gateway through the city and to other trails

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Monday, May 19, 2014

This is one of the only serious trail options for bikers in Omaha. The length is a feature on it's own, but it passes by a few main streets which are great locations to hunt down some lunch or snacks on your ride. I've only hit the trail a few times and in all of my experiences there were a lot of people on the trail, so ride carefully. Again, due to the length, bring lots of water.

Monday, August 19, 2013

I've rode this one twice. The first time with my wife down to about Harrison and the next time I rode it to the Bellevue loop. My wife liked that we could stop at Jones Bros. Cupcakes on the way back. Very flat easy ride.