Hummel Park

Hummel Park is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hummel Park is covered in a riparian forest. Located in north of the Florence neighborhood, the park includes hiking trails, including the Omaha Riverfront Trail North. There are horseshoe pits, a Missouri River overlook, picnic shelters and a disc golf course. The overlook is located above the popular "Devil's Slide," a natural cliff. The Hummel Park Nature Center, operated by the Parks and Recreation Department, offers environmental education programs and special nature events.

Was going to do this after I couldn't do the other one. Got ate up by mosquitos and only got .05 into route, called it quits. Also there was a car parked next to me as I was starting on trail and felt very uncomfortable leaving my car, acted like crackheads, so I left for home, no walk for me today. bummer. Don't forget you're insect spray, will definitely need it.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

It is beautiful green Mother Nature but short trail but I enjoyed!

recorded Quiet, muddy hike