Homestead Trail is a 31.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Roca, Nebraska that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 31.4 miles Elevation Gain: 590 feet Route Type: Point to Point

rails trails

I rode this Trail on my ebike from about 7:30 to 10 p.m. on June 30th. There was a 10 mile an hour wind out of the South I saw several deer a turkey an owl and lots of rabbits. At times you are riding in a tunnel of trees and other times you're totally in the open. the trail is mostly in excellent shape but there are a few areas of erosion and wash boarding around a couple bridges and crossroads.

Sat Aug 18 2018

My husband and I appreciate that portions of this trail look and exist as the land would have been a hundred plus years ago. The authenticity achieved by preserving nature and keeping all native plants makes it kind of a unique experience. We enjoyed seeing some wild flowers and going through some forestland..We also liked feeling the early pioneer spirit and seeing what they would have when they first got to Nebraska/the Mid-West. It helped that we visited the museum and watched the patriotic and informative video first. I'd recommend this trail!