Glen Cunningham Lake Trail

Glen Cunningham Lake Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail begins in parking lot off NE36, entrance 8 of Glen Cunningham Lake. This section of trail covers the east side of the park and includes the dam.

I enjoyed this hike. The lake is really pretty. Lake trails can be pretty flat and boring, but this trail runs through forest and prairie and had some ups and downs. I appreciated going through different landscapes. I did find, as others said, that while the east side of the trail is well maintained, the west side is pretty overgrown. The trail gets pretty hard to make out. But I just followed the map on here to make sure I was going in the right direction, and that worked pretty well. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BUG SPRAY AND WEAR A HAT. I go hiking a lot and bugs are obviously inevitable, but it was excessive here. Found five ticks on me when I got home, probably from walking through the very tall foliage on the west side of the trail. I think next time I would hike the east side up to highway 36 and just turn around and hike back the same way instead of doing the loop. But I still would recommend!

Much more accessible in late-fall/early-winter/spring. Decent foliage and for the most part, not many people on the west side.

I ran this loop for the G.O.A.T.z Trail Run and I really enjoyed it. The views of the water are beautiful and it was a peaceful run. Gotta watch out for horse droppings as parts of it are also equestrian trails but I look forward to running here again soon.

Unkept trails very hard for a bike to get through, I would not recommend this trail for biking.

East side of the lake is very walkable up until Hwy 36. The west side of the lake not so much. Trails are barely visible and it seems to be more for for horseback trailing. Used Hwy 36 to cross the north side of the lake because I couldn't find a crossover due to the higher water level.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

The trail was badly in need of mowing & hard to find in many places. My Garmin showed 6.5 miles of trail that I rode. Beautiful park!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Followed the paths along the lake, great time and meet lots of friendly people.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Terrible trails for biking. Overgrown, ill maintained, hard to navigate.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

It was fun. We did a 7.2mile hike. The trails start and stop in odd places and disappears in other places. You have to create your own trail in some areas if you want to do the full lap around the lake but we ha da blast anyway.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Long trek but worth it:

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Nice for trail running. Can get really muddy. But marked very well. Very quiet; mostly anglers when I've been there.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

If you are a trail runner, this is a great place to run and connect with other area trail runners. Loop is a bit short of 10 miles and it is mostly single track dirt trails. Home of the GOATz 50K in October.

Friday, July 25, 2014

This lake has a good paved trail, but I prefer taking hikes and rides off trail. Careful around the disc-golf course, especially on Saturday mornings there is a league that gathers.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017