Fontenelle Forest Trails

Fontenelle Forest Trails is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bellevue, Nebraska that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Walking the trails is an experience unlike any other in the Omaha metro area. Fontenelle Nature Association owns and manages 2,000 acres of conservation land and 26 miles of marked trails within Fontenelle Forest Nature Center in Bellevue and Neale Woods in Omaha.

If you start at the nature center you can take a leisurely stroll for a mile or two. If you go further back into the forest I'd say it was a moderate hike. Lots of elevation changes and plenty of different trails to go on. I went in about 6 miles and turned around. I found it difficult to follow the signs to get out of the area close to the nature center but once I got out of that loop it was easy to follow the signs out and back.

Nice weekend hike with my daughter. Great for a beginner hiker. Did the hills for a moderate challenge.

Taken this leisurely stroll with various members of my family on various occasion. Fontenelle has great family oriented hiking walks while also having a really great nature center. Always peaceful at the same time educational.Well worth a visit.

Love this place. Lots of well marked trails. Easy ones and more difficult ones. I'm happy to pay my yearly membership fee to help fund all the work they do.