Chalco Hills Trails

Chalco Hills Trails is a 7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Omaha, Nebraska that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

This 6-mile trail is a mixture of double-track and small sections of single-track that span around the perimeter of Wehrspann Lake. As the name implies, it is not flat, so expect to do some light climbing the entire way. It is not technical, you just need to be able to climb a little.

Really nice walk. You feel out in nature in the middle od town.

Great trail run off the beaten path.

Pros:
- Paved road but soft grass to the side
- Clean/Excellent upkeep
- A lot of easy to moderate elevation transitions
- A good mix of open areas and shaded areas
- A lot of rest benches

Cons:
- Paved road so there are a lot of cyclists. They tend to go fast so you really can't wear headphones/earphones while running. I just saw two cyclists zoom by while runners were forced to jump out of the way

Overall, this trail tailors more to cyclists. If you plan to run this trail, make sure to keep your headset music at a low volume so you can hear incoming cyclists.

This was a pleasant walk! My 5 year old and 9 year old along with our 3 year old Husky had a wonderful time! Everyone we encountered was very friendly. It was a very flat trail! Can't wait to take the bikes out there next time!

Great place for easy walks and run. We exercise us and our pets here:)

I great for walk or run.

The trail is smooth and well maintained. Not too busy. One spot that does mud over during storms.

I LOVE this trail!! It's huge. I do the 5.8 mile loop, but there are options to expand the length. It's paved. There are some tough inclines but they are short and spaced out. Completely surrounds the lake. Great spot!

great park

Great paved path with plenty of grass on the sides for softer running. Good up and downs for a workout.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

I loved these trails! Great for an easy walk, and not too crowded on a Saturday morning.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Beautiful trail! Great for biking and kite flying.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Good for a brisk walk. No extreme hills to climb.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Such a pretty trail.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

I like to take my dogs walking here. Nice & flat with minimal inclines. Would be great for family outings with kiddos as well.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Great for hiking, biking, fishing, or family events!

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Nice loop. Almost got stampeded by a herd of deer!

Friday, December 25, 2015

Great trail for walkers and bike riders. Well used.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Nice trail...I found a lean to, a camp fire, fish tail and a bud light can right off the paved trail down by the lake...near the first park bench that you come to...fairly recent. Pretty impressed with the construction of the lean to!!!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

My dog loves it Arabs you can do the short or long trail.