Woodbine Falls

Woodbine Falls is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nye, Montana that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail with a great payoff at the top. Especially good for hikers who need a shorter trail with a big incentive ( like your friend or family member that’s newer to hiking)

A wonderful easy hike for a day trip! Bring a hammock and hike straight up to the top past where the trail ends and there is a lot of awesome spots! One of my weekend favorites.

Good easy trail to the overlook, but climbing to the top really pays off. No trail to the top so you have to find your own.

Great trail to an impressive waterfall. Trail easy to find roads in all paved so no issues and trail dry

My five year old and 2 dogs hiked this today. We got there early so only saw a few people. This trail was perfect for a kid, especially with the payoff of the waterfall at the end!

Super easy hike. Quick trip for something to do while camping. Waterfall is beautiful! Trail is for all ages.

Good little hike! Great views and beautiful waterfall!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Great hike for a family with kids.

Monday, July 03, 2017

It's a great starter trail for anyone! beautiful veiws and very comfortable to hike or run.

Monday, July 03, 2017

Beautiful waterfall, especially in late spring/early summer when the snow melt is high. Very easy trail, well worth the drive.

From the trailhead sign to the waterfall overlook, it is 1 mile. Although the trail terminates at the overlook, it is possible to climb up to the top of the falls. There is no trial, so this would be climbing the rocks and such. Wear appropriate shoes.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Trail doesn't follow some of the best views of the lower falls

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Love this hike! Not very hard and not very long. Beautiful

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Easy trail. Nice place to take out of state visitors. Beautiful waterfalls. Pleasant way to spend a morning.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Nice little easy hike for all ages. I brought my 4 month old puppy with me and he was fine. The falls were very pretty and trails clearly marked.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Great trail for a short hike with kids, and ends with incredible views.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Easy hike. Completed 1.6 mile out and back. Finished early due to the fact that I lost the trail.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Great hike and easy for the kids!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Good hike to start out the season. It's short with winding switchbacks that make the change in elevation gradual and easier to adjust to. The destination is well worth the hike. Plus with the hike being short gives you plenty of time for another trail head or to head over to Redlodge, MT for some well deserved lunch.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Great hike!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Amazing. Great walk for a family.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Trail is well maintained and beautiful. We went with some of the "old folk" and they were able to complete it with no issues. The falls are fantastic!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Great hike! A few trees were down on the trail but simple to get around. The trail was closed but we just went around the gate and saw a few other people up there as well. The falls were frozen over on top but water was running under neath and you could see it at a few different places. Short and easy but well worth the final destination view!

Saturday, March 05, 2016

Very easy trail. Great for the entire family. We had to walk in from the closed gate at the campground entrance. The vault toilets in the campground were unlocked! The trail itself was beautiful. It winded up the mountain to reach the falls, which were more like a cascade than falls, but it may be that the water level is low... If you look off to the left in the distance, you can see 2 huge falls on the other mountain. I imagine the scene in the summer is astonishing. We hiked on 2/28/16 and there wasn't any snow left on the trail. It was absolutely quiet with no evidence of other humans to be found.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Love Woodbine so much!!

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Nice simple hike. Not recommended for Disabled. Some steep inclines for short distances. Highly recommended. Beautiful views of the falls.

Friday, July 31, 2015

This has been a favorite hike since I was a kid and now I am able to take my kids! My 5 year old made all 7 miles on her own two feet! I like the first 2.5 miles the best, the last mile down to Sioux Charley I can take or leave.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Great, easy day hike with my kiddos! We loved the amazing view of the waterfalls at the end, and the nice mist you can feel coming off the falls with a slight breeze. I freaking love Montana!

Friday, June 05, 2015

Beautiful quick easy day hike!

Monday, April 06, 2015

OOP Sorry I didn't mean Woodbine, that question was for Beaten Path.

Monday, April 06, 2015

Can anyone comment on hiking it in one day, from experience?

We want to hike it as a tribute to our uncle who passed away, he hiked it in a day. He was an avid hiker, backpacker, mountaineer and photographer. He was a beloved soul and it means a lot to us to try and do this. After my husband and I do the hike in a day, we want to go back in a couple years and take our kids to then do the beaten path in 3-4 days.

Looking to do the day hike in August this year.