Welcome Creek Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clinton, Montana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.3 miles Elevation Gain: 905 feet Route Type: Out & Back

recorded Welcome Creek Trail

It was amazing!!!! Gotta be brave and cross the creek by way of log but it is worth it!!! About 2.2 miles in the creek took over the trail but still great!

visited this trail in late May and while there where no marked trails beyond the Rock Creek crossing, I followed half a dozen worn paths both north and south only to find each one eventually disappeared into standing water, brush or rock piles. may have just been the wrong time of year, but I didn’t get the impression that there is much maintenance done to this route.

Mon Jul 16 2018

As of 7/15/18, this is a beautiful area but nothing breathtaking like the river canyons of Hamilton. It easy to see the area has been burned quite a while ago and some areas struggle to recover. You’re going to have to get your feet wet right away or hike an alternate trail on the West of Welcome Creek to find a log to cross on. Then the trail turns brushy for quite a majority of what’s shown on this track file. You stay on the East side of the river until you get to a log bridge with handle and the site of an old log cabin that’s gone. I had trouble finding the trail after the cabin site but it switches to the West side of the river and goes a bit higher above the river and is sometimes carved into the shale rock side. It’s actually less brushy here but I got tired of the trail and turned around.

Wed Jun 06 2018

Planned on hiking this trail on June 2nd 2018 but only got about 100 yards in and had to turn back. Was out with wife and 2 kids ages 7 and 10 and the flooding was so bad that I did not want to try and cross the "creek" the the trail takes you through. Will attempt again when waters recede.

Thu Jul 20 2017

Very beautiful trail - once you find it. I wondered around for an hour before finding the right spot. you know you're on the right trail when you have to cross the creek; so, bring sandals! The trail itself is overgrown with stinging nettles about 2 miles back. If you want to go the whole way bring pants or something to hack the nettles down. otherwise very pretty and has a swimming area at the bridge.

Sun Jul 09 2017

It was way overgrown. but we enjoyed it. best was the beginning with the bridge. found yummy raspberries on trail.

Sun Jun 25 2017

Moose and stinging​ nettle. I just had bag luck on this trail.

Mon Jul 18 2016

Trail is overgrown in some places and lots of nettles. A very nice hike though!

Sun Jun 19 2016

Very pretty but you can tell not many people get to it. I wore shorts, which I should have worn pants since I either ran through something stingy or I'm something I'm allergic to. Another note is that I ran into a young moose! Scared me half to dearth but definitely cool. The bridge is also a major cool point. I don't think I'll do this trail again though. Ouch!

Mon Mar 14 2016

What a beautiful area. After parking in the limited spaces, cross a sturdy suspension bridge and get down to water level to enjoy the water. Hiking will take you back into the Welcome Creek area on a forest floor so soft it's springy.

recorded Welcome Creek Trail