Sypes Canyon

Sypes Canyon is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

was quite crowded after work. beautiful area with water for dogs

Beautiful view at the top. The trail was easy to see in the snow. Beautiful rock formations as well!

Decent trail with a great view of Bozeman. Don't go if windy though, it's pretty open at the top and will cut you up.

Beautiful fall colors throughout the lower half of the trail and sweeping valley views at the top. Perfect Sunday afternoon hike.

This is one of my new favorites. It's completely worth it to get to the top of the canyon, you won't be disappointed by the amazing views. Even though I've fallen a bit out of shape the elevation gain is manageable with minor huffing and puffing and I was still feeling great at the top. Took about four hours before I was back in my car

Not my favorite but still very nice.

Well maintained beautiful trails. Good challenge too!

The terrain changes throughout the hike. Fairly easy, and you're able to connect with other trails at the top. Close to town. One of my regular go-to hikes.

Awesome trail! You are out in the sun a lot though so bring plenty of water especially if you have pups with you! Mine drank my running pack dry!!

Nice trail and I like that you get cell service the whole way. Makes me feel safer when I'm hiking

fun

Great hike! The views were AMAZING!!! My legs were definitely feeling it at end of the 3rd mile. A lot of flies at the top.

Love! Such a great, steady hike.

gorgeous! 4 mile round trip to the lookout and back. 6 miles if you go all the way to foothills trail

Trail was dry yesterday 5-11-17. The creek is flowing nicely.

Pretty snowy today! Always a fun hike though

Went Saturday. It was sloppy. Still had a great hike!

I measured it right at 10 miles round trip.

It was muddy and snowy but very well marked. Looking forward to coming back in the summer to run it completely.

Lovely little day hike. Moderate at first with beautiful mica-laden rocks. Crosses stream and changes to switchbacks and pine forest up to a picturesque overlook of the Bozeman valley.