Sypes Canyon

Sypes Canyon is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bozeman, Montana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful fall colors throughout the lower half of the trail and sweeping valley views at the top. Perfect Sunday afternoon hike.

This is one of my new favorites. It's completely worth it to get to the top of the canyon, you won't be disappointed by the amazing views. Even though I've fallen a bit out of shape the elevation gain is manageable with minor huffing and puffing and I was still feeling great at the top. Took about four hours before I was back in my car

Not my favorite but still very nice.

Well maintained beautiful trails. Good challenge too!

The terrain changes throughout the hike. Fairly easy, and you're able to connect with other trails at the top. Close to town. One of my regular go-to hikes.

Awesome trail! You are out in the sun a lot though so bring plenty of water especially if you have pups with you! Mine drank my running pack dry!!