Swiftcurrent Pass Trail To Swiftcurrent Mountain

Swiftcurrent Pass Trail To Swiftcurrent Mountain is a 16.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Glacier Park, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Hiked from the Swiftcurrent side, about 16 miles total according to trail signs. Stunning, worth every step, one of my favorite in the park.

Hiked up to the peak from Granite Park Chalet and down from the Chalet to the parking lot. Going downhill was tough enough - I can't imagine backpacking this uphill!

For items trail we hiked along our backpacking trip. The switchbacks are tough on the knees but saw moose and many lakes along the way making it worth it!

It's a shame this wonderful trail had snow this June - we didn't manage to go all the way. Otherwise a relatively easy relaxed hike with a moderate ascend and a spectacular view in the mountains after ~5km walk in the woods.

Hiked on 6/19/17 . One of the most strenuous hikes I have done so far but definitely worth the effort. Absolutely amazing views throughout. Higher elevation had snow. Where we could,we went off the trail to avoid dangerous snowy patches. Right before the peak it was all snow and we weren't t sure where the trail is until we spotted the fire lookout on the top. The views from the top were breathtaking.

This was an absolutely amazing hike. Breathtaking views, several lakes and waterfalls. This was by far my favorite hike of the dozen or so hikes we did at GNP.

We came from the Granite Park Campground to Many Glacier. This was my favorite hike! Gorgeous views! We got to not only see the glacier but also several falls and you hike next to some gorgeous lakes. The big downside to this hike is the switchbacks... Probably a couple miles of them all at once. If you have bad knees it'll definitely be an issue. There is no way I could've gone up these switchbacks as they seem endless and there isn't much shade. Otherwise this hike is awesome!

Spent 4 days hiking the GNP back country. We hiked from the Granite Park Campground down to the Many Cpg. This was our favorite hike in the park.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

This was my favorite trail by far. The views are amazing! If it's warm bring lots of water as you don't want to run out like I did! A lot of direct sun if going in August early day/afternoon. This is a challenging hike and not one for people with any weaknesses of the legs/knees. There are tons of switchbacks and take a break in the one shaded spot before the waterfall. After that it's less than 20-30 minutes to the Grinnell Glacier. Please remember to take care of the trails and park, lead by example, and love your parks as much as you care for your most prized possession.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Starting from Many Glacier was pretty easy for the first few miles but then the switchbacks don't end and get only more intense till you're at the saddle with Granite Chalet. Beautiful change of scenery. Definitely worth the struggle up to the fire lookout. Once at the chalet it's pretty easy to take a new route out, like I did loop trail to catch a shuttle.

Monday, August 01, 2016