Swan River Trail

Swan River Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bigfork, Montana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

rock climbing

Nice walk with the family

The river is beautiful and you can't go wrong with a hike in this area. Easy enough for my 4 year old to do it all himself.

Traffic noise once you get past the dam is the reason for only given two stars

today was Feb. 19th. it was over 40 degrees, so the trail was very slushy. it is a flat trail. other users were very considerate.

This was a very beautiful walk, especially with the leaves changing. It was fairly easy, the path was well traveled and well maintained.

The views are to die for. Every turn unmasks more and more natural beauty.

Easy wide trail. Good for kids.

Family friendly and easy hike. Going down to the river is a great idea.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

What a beautiful trail to take my wife and 9 month old in his BoB stroller on :)

Monday, May 16, 2016

Sunday, May 08, 2016

it's not really hiking more of a walk. it's a gravel road with other little trails off of it to the river. Super beautiful views though and we will definitely be back. many people and bikers on trail

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Great family hike - super easy to find, well traveled, and gorgeous scenery.
I had my BOB stroller and a toddler on a strider bike. The beginning of the hike has steep drop offs that plunge into the fast moving river, it made me really nervous with a 3-year old on a bike so I actually made him get off of it until it was safer.
The views are breathtaking!! We actually went back and walked a small portion of it that night.
We'll be back!

Sunday, July 26, 2015

This was a beautiful trail! Nice gravel path large enough for my bike towing my sons trailer and everyone else walking through. Plenty of places to sit and rest for people as wells as a bathroom half way or so.