Storm Castle Peak

Storm Castle Peak is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gallatin Gateway, Montana that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A gorgeous hike. Definitely challenging (especially if you're not used to higher altitudes...which as a NY native I am not!) Parts of the trail are really narrow so be careful. The views overall were beautiful and the view from the top was totally epic! I definitely recommend. ☺️

Incredible hike. Took my son who started running and was poking fun that I couldn't keep up and was walking. "Settle down young bull, won't be long and I'll catch up!"
Fair amount of traffic on the hike but easy to step off and get around each other. Switchback trails make the hike doable for all ages and abilities...but it isn't easy by any measure.
Leave enough time to enjoy the views from the top. We were lucky enough to watch a helicopter come up the valley and land near the hike entrance below us. Enjoy!!

My favorite trail for trail running ever: Steep climb to top, Smooth downhill glide to bottom.

very awesome trail for an afternoon hike with a great view

Great view

It was a great trail. Tread was fairly excellent most of the way. Couple cutoff trails need to be blocked a little better in some switchbacks to protect the resource but overall it was good. Went with friends and it was well worth the trip!!

It has narrow paths and for people not acclimated to higher elevations it may be a bit more difficult. Great hike!

Definitely worth it for the view!

Harder than I thought but the view at the end is so worth it!

Hike was a bit harder than I expected especially near the top, but it was SO worth it!! Go before the heat hits and bring plenty of water.

Narrow trails with fine sand earn this trail it's moderate rating. Well worth the effort, beautiful views at the top as well as along the way.

Great hike! Getting started early is a good idea to avoid the hot sun on the way up. The pictures do not do the view at the top justice - it'll definitely take your breath away. My pup and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

One of my absolute favorites! In the spring, part of the road may be closed, making it more of an 8mile round trip, but still beautiful!

Really fun and challenging. About an hour to the top. Go early, lots of sun and no water make for a toasty hike!

At the top, make sure to see both the hole in the rock and the shear cliff which overlooks Montana Whitewater's facility. The coolest photo is of you looking out the open hole in the cliff face, but requires a camera with a longer zoom than a cell phone (and a partner who's not acrophobic, of course).

I came from the Cascades, one of my favourite areas to hike, to come spend some time around the Rockies and Yellowstone. I stumbled onto this trail trying to find a place to Boondock. An amazingly breathtaking hike. its a short one but plan for the day if you can. So many incredible views and little spots to explore ( caves and arches) that you wont want to come down.

Really fun trail! One of my first real hikes I've done since I got out here and the view from the top is amazing. Definitely doing it again.

View from the top is absolutely beautiful

This was a beautiful hike. Lots of wild flowers and a gorgeous view at the top. Really fun run back down.

Unforgiving ascent rewarded by spectacular views. Bring plenty of water!!!