Storm Castle Peak

Storm Castle Peak is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gallatin Gateway, Montana that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Incredible views the whole way.

This trail was a little more strenuous than I expected it to be. Not from the area but frequent it often and never really considered myself out of shape or a flat lander but I was really out of breath on this hike and had to take frequent breaks. At the top I found out it was all worth it though. Such an amazing view. Feels like you're on top of the world!

Honestly this was easier than I thought it would be. It is nothing but switchbacks but we were able to keep a steady pace and hit the top in just under an hour. Loose footing on the rocky switchbacks towards the top but nothing unmanageable.

This trail had beautiful views the entire way to the top. There was a nice mix of forest and open areas along the trail that allowed for some shade. Definitely a well maintained trail I would do again!

good clear trail, good views at the summit.

good clear trail. nice views at the top