St. Mary and Virginia Falls Trail

St. Mary and Virginia Falls Trail is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Glacier Park, Montana that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until September.

Hiked to St Mary's Falls early in the morning before the crowds. Saw only a couple of other hikers on the trail. Many varieties of wildflowers. Water is crystal clear.

Trail is through a forest that burned several years ago making it interesting to witness the regeneration of it. Falls are well worth the hike.

Great little hike to a beautiful falls. We did it in the first snow of the season, but I can see how it would be very popular in the summer heat!

Beautiful. Worth the hike.

This was a great hike, but I'm still not sure if I made it to Virginia Falls. I think we were at the top of it (the water flow is much less than earlier in the season, I'm guessing), but I don't recall seeing a spot to view the falls from below. The unnamed falls in between doesn't clear up any confusion. But it was spectacular regardless.

Loved the hike itself. The hike says dogs on leash. DONT BELIEVE IT!!! I picked this hike because of it. Didn't read the park book, which was my fault and had no place for the dogs.

Very beautiful waterfalls.

Nice hike along Saint Mary Lake to three waterfalls starting at Sun Point. We logged 7.2 miles round trip. Trails and falls were not too crowded with people pollution. Nice easy hike compared to many other trails in the park.