Snyder Ridge Trail

Snyder Ridge Trail is a 11.7 mile point-to-point trail located near Essex, Montana that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Distance: 11.7 miles Elevation Gain: 2,542 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Sooooo many mosquitoes! I’m from mosquito county but this was insane. There were times I had to run just to keep them off of me and if I stopped even for a moment they would swarm all around me. There was some pretty creeks in the trail but I was running for the mosquitoes too fast to notice them. It also needed a lot of maintenance. Most of the trail was overgrown and the brush was as tall as me and there where some areas where the trail totally disappeared.

Good hike, but there’s a reason it’s not on the official maps...apparently it’s thick grizz territory!

Sun Jun 29 2008

This is a great hike. It starts in a very forested section-big trees-lots of shade and as the elevation gains, the vegetation changes to flowers. we did not see a lot of wild life-one mule deer looking for a "hand out". Great small stream crossings. when we got to the top, the lake is very quiet-lots of places to sit and think. Nice hike. My 13 year old did it. It is up hill all the way for the 4.4 miles.

paddle sports