Snyder Lake Trail

Snyder Lake Trail is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Glacier, Montana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

It was a nice, easy hike; very buggy.

Did this as a day hike with my friend in the second to last week of july. relatively steep switchbacks through older forest lead you up to nice views of lake mcdonald. the grade becomes much more gradual as you go. less shade, and more bushwacking for the middle third of the hike. then you enter a valley/bowl with meadows and towering peaks all around you--for me, this was the pay off. the lake is pretty small, but definitely still beautiful. while we were exploring the lakeside, we saw a grizzly swim across the lake. i had been making a lot of noise throughout our entire hike so i was relatively surprised. we started talking loudly and it swam in the opposite direction. enjoyable hike!

Beautiful...ferns over your head.

Nice moderate trail. Enjoyed it very much. Great for early summer hikes.

Long uphill all the way there. Somewhat steep at points. Incredibly beautiful though, worth it.

This is one of my favorite hikes! I went in late may it was mostly snow for about the last 0.5 miles but the view was amazing! I highly recommend checking this one out!

It was a fun hike with many varieties of berries along the trail. The fishing is unbelievable if you don't mind small fish. There are so many fish you can't help but catch them but I wouldn't recommend it for fishing. The largest fish we saw was about 5 inches long.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I enjoyed the hike - uphill initially, then gradual. Amazing pine forests. The mountains surrounding the lake were impressive - loved them! The lake itself was small but pretty - could see fish swimming near my feet, and elk hang around the campsite:)

Monday, July 04, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016

I loved the views on this hike once it branched off of the trail that goes to Sperry Chalet. You hike into a beautiful basin and there are several beautiful waterfalls on both sides before you get to the lake. I tried fishing the lake and I didn't have any luck. I hiked all the way around the lake to try to catch some good shoreline to fish from and it was rough. I wish there was a trail up to the upper lake. The lake wasn't as beautiful as the hike was.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Thursday, June 02, 2016

It was ok. It reminded me of hiking in Utah. Nothing special. The lake was nice but small, not worth of 8.8 miles of hiking.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Saturday, August 29, 2015

The trail is ok. Not a whole lot of scenery, and I found Snyder Lake to be nice, but not breathtaking.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Definitely not an easy hike, more like difficult to strenuous+. I don't know who rated it as easy. It is about 40-45 degree incline from the very start. The horses that use that trail were laboring to climb the hill. Beautiful scenery.

Thursday, July 23, 2015