Sioux Charley Lake Trail

Sioux Charley Lake Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Nye, Montana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and fishing and is best used from May until October.

Moderately hard trail, a lot of up and down. Beautiful beginning and end but the middle was a little boring.

Great easy trail. Pretty level the whole way with beautiful scenery. Great early season hike, as it's low altitude.

Love this trail! It s beautiful right when you start. I first took this hike when my son was 2 and he is now 4. Very easy to walk even with him on my back.

Nice hike....great for a family to do. Lots of features.

This is my favorite day hike. Anytime we have visitors, this is where I bring them! Instant gratification, as it's beautiful as soon as you start out. I hike it often, & sometimes there's horse poo, other times not. Just depends. I would love to see a moose, but so far haven't seen one here. If anyone else has, please post about it!

This is one of my favorite trails! What makes Sioux Charley so great is that there's a mix of everything - the rushing river in a rocky gorge, shaded areas full of aspens and other trees, little bits of meadow, crossing a stream or two, great mountain views, and the peacefulness of the "lake" at the end. It's also an easy hike that most folks can do. It is 7.5 miles roundtrip (not 6.5, as advertised). It took us 3 hours, 40 minutes to complete, but we did stop often to take photos of the beautiful scenery!

Tons of horse poop on the trail. If you can get past that, beautiful easy hike along the creek most of the way. The "lake" is actually just a wide spot in the river.

Great day hike for the dogs. Plenty of water around for them to sip as needed. Beautiful gorge, and scenery all the way to the "lake". Quite a few people on the trail, throughout the afternoon. Unless I didn't go far enough, it was a widening of the river, and slow moving water, not an actual lake (this has already been stated...) Still beautiful, and a plenty long hike for "nominally in shape" folks. No bugs, few flowers left. No edible berries that I dared to try.

Beautiful hike, lots of wildflowers and raspberries along the way, my 8 and 9 year did great and were definitely worn out by the end. I would do this one again

Awesome hike with very little altitude change. Fishing was very good the day I went.

We love this hike! This was this first hike I took my little ones on, ages 3 & 5 at the time. Easy enough for them to do but challenging on little legs. They love this hike and for the distance it's a fairly quick hike. One of my favorites!