Silver Run Loop Trail

Silver Run Loop Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Red Lodge, Montana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 528 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy and fun, especially for my mother who has hip issues. Got a good sense of Custer Naional Forest without going over any passes.

Love Silver Run. It’s a great trail for just about anything and everyone. Excellent for younger kids. In the winter we love to snowshoe up there. And in the summer you will often cross paths with bikers and runners. Just a great trail all around. I’ve had more run-in’s with moose on this trail than anywhere else in the area. So, like always, be aware of your surroundings and enjoy!

This was a lovely hike with a lot of beautiful purple Lupine throughout the hike.

great easy hike that is a flat loop. about 5 miles overall.

This hike is fine I guess? Nothing terribly exciting to be honest. Nice walk through the woods more than anything else. Still pretty snowy in early May, so relatively slow going.

great trail! completed the whole trail in snowshoes. it was challenging and a great workout! beautiful views and follows the creek for as bit.

Thursday, September 06, 2018

good day hike good to be in the forest. took my five month old dog no leash she loved it. our first time. we will hit the basin lakes trail next time.

Thursday, August 09, 2018

Great, easy hike! Good for kids in the 7-13 range.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Good views with a Good trail for beginners. We will go again

Monday, June 11, 2018

Great starter hike for our lazy pups. Beautiful wildflowers at the trailhead of loop one.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

What a nice and easy trail to hike!

Friday, April 20, 2018

great trail, for every level!!

Monday, March 26, 2018

We plan on returning with the kids. Great walk. Dog friendly. Very easy.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

lovely walk. could be a great 5 mile look for running. took my mother that is not big into hiking yet and she loved it. there is a short cut to make it a e mile loop, we opted for that just so she didn't get too tired in the end. Very Leisurely and enjoyable.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Trail is rocky but a relatively easy hike. My dogs were able to go off their leashes and explore. Only saw two other people on the trail.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Close to town...easy but scenic!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

My wife and I hiked this and it took us 5 hrs plus. We stopped for snacks, lots of pictures, and lunch. It was very warm, but a nice hike. You are never far from the river and you can always hear it or see it. The lower area is recovering very nicely from a past fire. With the shade removed the wild flowers have taken over and a lush dense mat of green, blues, yellows and reds have the floor covered. Farther up is the normal trees and ground covering. The two falls are great and you are able to get right up to the edges to get good pictures. I Would recommend this hike. It is a easy hike if you only go to the meadow, and that would make it a 8 mile out and back.

recorded Silver Run Loop Trail