Scenic Point

Scenic Point is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near East Glacier Park, Montana that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Camping permit required.

Great hike. Steep and quick elevation gain. The trees are BEAUTIFUL. They are creepy, Tim Burton-esque and amazing if you're into photography. I went on a rainy day, so the lighting was perfection. Anyway. Hike is a nice little workout. Nightmare windstorm at the top though. Not sure if it was so windy bc it had just been raining, or if it's like that all the time, but I had to turn around bc the wind was so strong it was literally pushing my body and moving me. Didn't really feel like falling off the mountain. I got to the section where it all opens up and there are 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains. The views are beautiful, the wind was just too strong to keep going.

Beautiful! Steep steady incline up, just stop and get your breath when needed and it's doable. 360° views up top are worth it!

A steep trail brings you to beautifull views of two medicine lake and lower medicine lake. Bring enough water and sun protection because there isn't a lot of shade and we had to help a woman who got overheated.

Awesome views the whole way up. Saw about a dozen people in total along the trail, perfect for getting away from the huge crowds

This was a great hike and I thought it was challenging. Saw A lone Ram when we were close to the point. Also a ground squirrel tried to take my poles while we were taking a break at the top!!

Beautiful views once you break out of the trees. Steady climb. Lots of wildlife. Trail in excellent condition.

I did this up to the falls and had a great time

Absolutely beautiful. Our first trail at GNP and it was perfect. Not too bad for a "hard" trail and not too many people. We took our time to photograph and had a quick lunch at the top-- out and back in 5 hours. Best in the morning as it gets hot in the afternoon on a sunny day.

this trail was really difficult due to it being absolutely freezing and insanely windy and rocky. That being said the entire time you are faced with amazing views and I saw a family of mountain goats, with babies, on the way down. All in all one of my favorite hikes of glacier, but I'm a sucker for a challenge and beautiful views.

It was super windy and the constant steep incline was definitely a challenge. The last .75 mile didn't seem like they'd be that scenic and then you get to the end of the trail it is shockingly beautiful. Totally worth the effort. Took us about 3.5 hours at a good pace. Only had to go over snow once and it was minimal.