Many trails are available from the Holland Lake trailhead, which is easily accessible 4 miles down a good dirt road right off of route 83. Do not try to find the trailhead by entering Sapphire Lake directly into GoogleMaps, as that brought me to the wrong place. The AllTrails directions brought me to the right trailhead, which has restrooms, but no water. It was fairly busy there by mid-day, mostly with folks taking the trail to the falls.

I only went to Upper Holland Lake, which was 11 miles RT and 2753 ft of elevation gain. So, I am guessing that to get up to Sapphire Lake is much more than another 0.4 miles. That is a good thing, because that would be a short distance over which to gain another 842 ft of elevation.

Very nice hike. The views of Holland Lake are pretty, and the hike brings you through varied terrain, sometimes along a creek with nice waterfalls. It is a steady, but not brutal uphill trip on a well maintained trail with only a little bit of overgrowth in a few places. Upper Holland Lake seems like a popular spot to overnight. I did not see any bears, but I feel like maybe I did see paw prints on the trial.

There are many other trails in this area not shown on this map, and you could easily get confused if you don't have a more complete map. I relied on the AllTrails app and still ended up taking a wrong turn on the way down and had to backtrack when I realized that I had missed the bridge over the creek right by the camping area about halfway up.