Saint Mary Peak Trail

Saint Mary Peak Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Stevensville, Montana that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hardest hike I've done so far but it is the most amazing, rewarding trail I've ever done.

Tried to do this hike on 5/29/2017. We were really excited to see the great views everyone describes. Drove about 45min up a narrow dirt road just as the other reviews have explained. Couldn't drive all the way to the trailhead due to snow, so parked on the side of the road and walked another 0.75miles to the trailhead. While it was a warm and sunny day, we encountered too much snow on the trail to continue on foot (without snowshoes) after about 0.25 miles. We definitely want to try this hike again, just will do so later in the summer after the snow melts.

Prepare for an hour drive on a single lane mountain road to the trail head. Plan on an uphill trek but manageable! Views are spectacular and worth the journey!

So beautiful! Challenging, but worth it. Long winding road to drive up to trailhead. Insane view!

very worth it. My favorite hike in the bitteroot.

Beautiful- snowy, windy and cold at the top

Well maintained trail. Great views.

Good trail - my gps said it was 3.5 miles up and was worth every step. I am not a big hiker and was most surprised how long it took to get to the trail head, was 10 miles from where I was in stevensville and took 40 mins as the road is crazy small and windy (bring a 4x4 if you can). Views at top were great, observation tower had a crew in it and she was happy to show us the tower and point out some key things. Make sure you get a picture of the toilet (best view you've ever seen). Great hike and make sure you bring a windbreaker - cold at the top (was 70 a start - 60 and windy at the top).