Sacagawea Peak

Sacagawea Peak is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bozeman, Montana that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

On 24 Nov road conditions to access trailhead were treacherous with snow & ice. Even with four wheel drive we turned around after 2 miles. I did the hike in August and it's fantastic - highly recommend. But this time of year access is difficult.

First off, I’m going to start by saying that the way to Sacajawea Peak also leads you to Fairy Lake. So you can see and do both, or you could even combine the two trails into one super long one.

Second, this trail is super fun! But let me just put this out there, I’m super fit, going hiking often, and boy!! It was some work to get up to the top. I have a bad right knee, and was really feeling it once I was almost to the top, as the trail is super steep.

Thirdly, I would definitely recommend this to anyone if you love hiking! The views are amazing!

10 years since my last trip to Bozeman, MT. This trail is just as I remember. Excellent climb with the chance to see some goats (summer). I would highly recommend.

Little aggressive with the snow but amazing view from the top

Amazing trail, unfortunately it's very popular and lots of traffic but we have been able to see mountain goats each time, up close and personal as well. worth the difficulty!

Too many people, but trail worth the effort as mountain goats on the peak!!

Awesome hike! it will definitely give you a run for your money but it's worth it. it took just under 2 hours to reach the summit and that was with plenty of breaks for pictures. One of the most amazing views you could ask for.

great trail, definitely start early in the day.

I wouldn't recommend if you want to avoid the crowds, but the views are well worth it. Summited her 10 times!