Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Ravine Creek Trail #34

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(64)
Lolo National Forest

Ravine Creek Trail #34 is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Missoula, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,332 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Alternate trail starting in the Grant Creek area and connecting to the Rattlesnake Wilderness trails system. Quick way to connect to the Stuart Peak trail. I would avoid taking a dog if you are going to connect into the Rattlesnake Wilderness. Seasonal and year-round restrictions in place. In general, dogs must be on leash for first 1/4 mile, then can be off leash until you reach the junction. Once at the junction, no dogs are allowed.

There’s room for like four cars at the trailhead.

I did more than the ravine creek trail. I did a large loop. But the ravine creek trail was good. Shaded and sunny. Dog friendly. Some blown down trees to hike over but not too bad.

private property

Had a great hike today. went further then the trail app here says. snow on the ground in some areas. my dog loves it aswell.

Great hike.... well groomed shaded trails...in the woods most of hike so good views are limited. Worth going a bit further on trail 25.1 to where it opens up and can view Snowbowl. A gem of a trail for trail runners and mountain bikers for sure!

I love Ravine trail. It’s right by my house so I suppose I might be biased. But I wasn’t expecting such a pretty wooded trail with nice views of Snow Bowl and the adjacent mountains. It’s partly sunny and partly shaded so that’s always pleasant. Pretty good incline in some spots but by no means is it a death march. My favorite aspect is not having to deal with hordes of people and families. It’s fairly quiet back here. Great little trail, sounds like it connects all the way to Rattlesnake!! I can’t wait to hit it harder this fall.

Great for trail running and hill training. Shaded hiking on a well kept trail. Quick way to get to Stuart Peak trail. Really neat flowers in the spring. Parking spaces are limited, this isn’t usually a problem in the morning though.

Relaxed 1.5 hours to walk uphill to the junction. 1 hour return. Steady climbing on well cleared trail. Shady most of the way, so a good hike to do on a hot day in Missoula. Dogs must be on leash for first 1/4 mile, then can be off leash until you reach the junction. Once at the junction, no dogs are allowed.

mostly up hill some really good views here and there lots of trees blocking them end of trail starts another. but over all good.

Fri Apr 19 2019

Still pretty icy for first quarter mile and after a few switchbacks. Didn't bring my yak tracks so I ended up turning around once I hit the ice on top of the mountain. Still got to saw spring plants and a pretty view!

Wed Dec 19 2018

Some people rate trails for the views but I am pleased with the amount of trees and vegetation despite the fact that they block a potentially great view.

Thu Jul 26 2018

Nice hike this morning, mostly uphill until we decided to turn back

Sun Jul 22 2018

Great hike with well defined wide trail which made it easy to visit with my hiking buddy. Great tree canopy so you could do this hike anytime of day.

Tue Apr 10 2018

This is trail is still very snowy with bad ice in some spots. I highly recommend wearing snow cleats. I didn’t bring cleats so I had to turn around at the switchback because I couldn’t even make it up that without falling. Will try again in a month or so.

Sun Aug 20 2017

Alright trail. The views were mostly obscured by trees, but if you go left on trail 24.1 at the "end" of this trail, you can get to an overlook pretty quickly. Stay on 24.1 (don't veer right into 28.3) and it'll be pretty obvious when you get there. There's what looks line a split in the trail but really the one to the right just goes to a slightly higher overlook and comes right down next to the lower one, so go either way.

Sun May 14 2017

Quick little jaunt with some nice views but look quick to find 'em. "I like"

Wed Aug 17 2016

It's a hard hike but worth it. Go to the Overlook for your turn around. Great view. I Mtn bike it too so watch for bikers.

Fri Aug 05 2016

Great for elevation training

Sat Jan 16 2016

Open year round and allows for off leash dogs. Wear tracks in the winter, the ground can be a little icy.

Thu Jul 23 2015

A nice day hike with the dog.

Sun May 31 2015

Nice hike in with the dog.

Mon Sep 29 2014

Pretty hike. Lush. Close to town in Grant Creek.

Sat Sep 20 2014

Great hike! I stopped at the "top" after about 2.5 miles in and returned. Challenging but not overwhelming for novices.