Rainbow Falls Trail [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(9)
Glacier National Park

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Babb, Montana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

short, easy, lots of people, but lots of flowers and the falls are really cool.

Sun Jul 29 2018

Super short hike, great for younger kids. Beautiful scenery. There is a second trail that follows the river. Definitely worth the stop!

Fri Jun 16 2017

This is super easy and the wildlife alone is worth the walk. I got lucky and caught a couple of dippers near their nest. Based on a couple of experiences during the week I should note that you WILL need your passport or a travel visa to travel beyond the ranger station

Mon Jun 12 2017

Nice easy hike to a beautiful falls I have seen twice. Once in beginning of June and once in Mid July. Both stunning pictures.

Sun Mar 06 2011

I hiked this at a time my wife was less mobile, so I left her in the parking lot and completed the hike with a lot of speed-walking and jogging - thus my rating of Moderate difficulty. However, I took plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful falls, and even took a couple of breaks to chat with fellow hikers. I would place this somewhere between a worthwhile rest stop, and a nice destination in itself.

recorded rainbow falls