Pine Creek Falls [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Livingston, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Please note this trail begins near private properties. Please be respectful when crossing into the forest area.

Great little short hike. It’s gorgeous and you can access it fairly quickly on a paved road. You can crank this out pretty quickly - we did it in just over an hour and that included slowdowns for icy bridges and a dog who loves to stop and sniff everything that’s ever existed. Totally recommend!

Great place to dump your trash. Anita is always there to clean it up. Be sure to give her a wave as you walk past her house on the way to the falls. I like to leave plastic water bottles along the way so they're there for the next time I come through.

Great hike to the falls. Past the falls gets steep and rocky as you head up to the lake. Definitely will be back for an overnight.

Pine Creek Falls are well worth the hike although as the property owner of the property the access road passes through to get to the falls this attraction can be a pain in the butt.
Hikers/tourists need to take care to read the posted signs & quit trespassing on private property.
Forest service public ground does not start until you cross the final cattle guard!!
The littering discarded on our place is also an issue. People stop throwing your trash out your windows. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate me throwing my trash in your yard so don't do it in mine!!
If you don't like my comments then start respecting private property & I won't have to address these issues like I shouldn't have to anyway. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE & THEIR PROPERTY OR STAY AWAY!

Fairly easy and mostly shaded walk. Uneven path with bolders and tree roots that might trip up young ones. The access road is paved and narrow. Would walk it again.

beautiful hike.lots of water in the creek.huckleberru season.

Beautiful hike to falls, keep going up once you get to falls for view from top. Don’t cross over at top - experienced people have died being stupid. Stop at pine creek lodge for a bite after. It’s beautiful.

My son and I took this trail while in the Livingston area. We loved it.

Great easy trail! Fun with my mom, easy drive there.

This trail follows the creek through some beautiful old growth Douglas Fir forest. You are going uphill most of the way in but it’s not steep. There are many paths that lead off to the river along the trail but when you come to the falls you’ll know you’ve arrived because they’re awesome! It’s a great spot to sit down with some of the mist from the falls cooling you off after the hike. Hiked this on my birthday this year and thought what a great way to spend the day.

This is a pretty easy hike. The trail is very well maintained and there’s people of all ages hiking it. A very pleasant experience as far as short hikes go.

Fun and rugged for a “family” trail. Rocky and cool. Lots of stopping off points to view the rushing creek, close mb huge rocks, more.

Beautiful waterfall and trail! A little muddy with rocks and roots but so worth it!!! Lots of families out today with kids and dogs!

Beautiful hike 2 weeks ago. Perfect weather (high 50s?), and hardly anyone there. Gorgeous views!

Nice trail. A bit muddy but very well traveled. Waterfall was very powerful with all the runoff.

Nice trail. Two water falls at the same place. Dog friendly. I would do it again.

muddy, rocky, but a beautiful resting stop at the falls. fairly busy trail.

Easy pleasant hike with lots of forest. Lots of trail runners as well as hikers on weekends. Dog friendly and places along the way for dogs to get some water. Great hike for families with young kids.

Great for trail running—rocky in some spots. Nice easy hike!

Easy, scenic hike with a stunning payoff! I went on a Monday evening around 6:30pm and didn’t run into too many people on the trail. By the time I got to the falls, I got to enjoy them all to myself. The drive to the trailhead is beautiful and just as much a part of the whole experience. Highly, highly recommend!

A fun and easy hike with kids. A short incline near the falls, but otherwise easy going. A popular hike so it can be a bit crowded during the summer, but well worth it. Once you reach the falls make sure to go just a bit further around the corner to see another waterfall.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Great trail, beautiful views!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Trail was very easy with a couple moderate inclines. Kid and dog friendly. I went alone around dawn at 7am and only saw one other gentleman on the trail at this time. Got a bit crowded on my way back. Trail extends further to a lake. Great views of surrounding mountains through the trees and waterfall.

Monday, September 04, 2017

The trail description is very accurate. Our 4 year old hiked the entire trail by herself. The trail was fairly crowded (it's a holiday weekend), but it was still enjoyable. Great views and the waterfall was nice, with a narrow foot bridge to cross the creek below the falls.

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Rocky trail to run on, but cool. At dawn alone bear spray makes for a good running buddy.

Monday, August 07, 2017

Falls flowing well.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Fun hike with the kids gets a little busy in the afternoon but overall a great hike!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My favorite quick trail around Livingston! Always beautiful and if you go early not very crowded. We take the dogs here almost every morning early hike up to the falls (sometimes to the top which is worth the extra .5 mile) and then we run back down. There is plenty of water along the way for the dogs too.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Great hike with my son on my back.