Pine Creek Falls

Pine Creek Falls is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Livingston, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy pleasant hike with lots of forest. Lots of trail runners as well as hikers on weekends. Dog friendly and places along the way for dogs to get some water. Great hike for families with young kids.

Great for trail running—rocky in some spots. Nice easy hike!

Easy, scenic hike with a stunning payoff! I went on a Monday evening around 6:30pm and didn’t run into too many people on the trail. By the time I got to the falls, I got to enjoy them all to myself. The drive to the trailhead is beautiful and just as much a part of the whole experience. Highly, highly recommend!

A fun and easy hike with kids. A short incline near the falls, but otherwise easy going. A popular hike so it can be a bit crowded during the summer, but well worth it. Once you reach the falls make sure to go just a bit further around the corner to see another waterfall.

Great trail, beautiful views!

Trail was very easy with a couple moderate inclines. Kid and dog friendly. I went alone around dawn at 7am and only saw one other gentleman on the trail at this time. Got a bit crowded on my way back. Trail extends further to a lake. Great views of surrounding mountains through the trees and waterfall.

The trail description is very accurate. Our 4 year old hiked the entire trail by herself. The trail was fairly crowded (it's a holiday weekend), but it was still enjoyable. Great views and the waterfall was nice, with a narrow foot bridge to cross the creek below the falls.

Rocky trail to run on, but cool. At dawn alone bear spray makes for a good running buddy.

Falls flowing well.

Fun hike with the kids gets a little busy in the afternoon but overall a great hike!

My favorite quick trail around Livingston! Always beautiful and if you go early not very crowded. We take the dogs here almost every morning early hike up to the falls (sometimes to the top which is worth the extra .5 mile) and then we run back down. There is plenty of water along the way for the dogs too.

Great hike with my son on my back.

Easy to moderate for us 60 year olds. Used our hiking sticks and glad of it. Beautiful falls. Fun bridge to stand on.

pretty cool i guess

great hike, beautiful falls.

Beautiful short hike in Paradise Valley. The Falls do not disappoint, at least early in the summer. Busy trail and we've never done it on a weekend!

A wonderful hike for all ages. Shaded for most of the way.

Easy except the rocks and stumps on trail. Beautiful waterfall. Worth the trip.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Really lovely trail for all kinds of hikers, and on a beautiful June Saturday it was fairly crowded. The falls are worth it - be sure to cross the bridge and take a few more steps because there is a second waterfall just to the right of the first, but hidden!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Worth the trek to the end! Sign reads 1 mile to Falls, but it is more like 2.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Hiked it today. The Forest Service was on the trail and cleaned up the 2 downed trees we ducked under on the way in. The creek and falls were beautiful with very high water volumes, but any minor crossings were safe and easy.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Hiked it yesterday, there were lots of trees down in the pathway to go over/under

Sunday, May 21, 2017

I've hiked it several times and plan to go again.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

wonderful mothers day hike!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A little rocky, the shade is nice, very popular trail. Wonderful view of the falls.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Nice easy walk for the family and pets. The falls look great and is a good place to enjoy the surroundings before you turn back.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Lovely, family-friendly hike to the falls.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Great day hike for all skill levels even kids and dogs. I would say this is an easy to moderate hike depending on your fitness level. This is a good hike to do during the hottest summer days since most of the trail is shaded and cool. Love that you see the creek flow several times before actually getting to the falls.

Friday, June 24, 2016

This is a nice hike to do in the summer. It's nice and shady most of the way up. We went late June and there were lots of wildflowers!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Nice hike and kid friendly. My kids and i do this hike several times a year. Incline is little and varied. We have seen lots of wild life including deer and a moose. The falls is beautiful and is a nice refreshing break before heading back down. Generally snow free my mid April. Parking is generally not an issue.