Pine Creek Falls

Pine Creek Falls is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Livingston, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A fun and easy hike with kids. A short incline near the falls, but otherwise easy going. A popular hike so it can be a bit crowded during the summer, but well worth it. Once you reach the falls make sure to go just a bit further around the corner to see another waterfall.

Great trail, beautiful views!

Trail was very easy with a couple moderate inclines. Kid and dog friendly. I went alone around dawn at 7am and only saw one other gentleman on the trail at this time. Got a bit crowded on my way back. Trail extends further to a lake. Great views of surrounding mountains through the trees and waterfall.

The trail description is very accurate. Our 4 year old hiked the entire trail by herself. The trail was fairly crowded (it's a holiday weekend), but it was still enjoyable. Great views and the waterfall was nice, with a narrow foot bridge to cross the creek below the falls.

Rocky trail to run on, but cool. At dawn alone bear spray makes for a good running buddy.

Falls flowing well.

Fun hike with the kids gets a little busy in the afternoon but overall a great hike!

My favorite quick trail around Livingston! Always beautiful and if you go early not very crowded. We take the dogs here almost every morning early hike up to the falls (sometimes to the top which is worth the extra .5 mile) and then we run back down. There is plenty of water along the way for the dogs too.

Great hike with my son on my back.

Easy to moderate for us 60 year olds. Used our hiking sticks and glad of it. Beautiful falls. Fun bridge to stand on.

pretty cool i guess

great hike, beautiful falls.

Beautiful short hike in Paradise Valley. The Falls do not disappoint, at least early in the summer. Busy trail and we've never done it on a weekend!

A wonderful hike for all ages. Shaded for most of the way.

Easy except the rocks and stumps on trail. Beautiful waterfall. Worth the trip.

Really lovely trail for all kinds of hikers, and on a beautiful June Saturday it was fairly crowded. The falls are worth it - be sure to cross the bridge and take a few more steps because there is a second waterfall just to the right of the first, but hidden!

Worth the trek to the end! Sign reads 1 mile to Falls, but it is more like 2.

Hiked it today. The Forest Service was on the trail and cleaned up the 2 downed trees we ducked under on the way in. The creek and falls were beautiful with very high water volumes, but any minor crossings were safe and easy.

Hiked it yesterday, there were lots of trees down in the pathway to go over/under

Sunday, May 21, 2017

I've hiked it several times and plan to go again.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

wonderful mothers day hike!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A little rocky, the shade is nice, very popular trail. Wonderful view of the falls.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Nice easy walk for the family and pets. The falls look great and is a good place to enjoy the surroundings before you turn back.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Lovely, family-friendly hike to the falls.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Great day hike for all skill levels even kids and dogs. I would say this is an easy to moderate hike depending on your fitness level. This is a good hike to do during the hottest summer days since most of the trail is shaded and cool. Love that you see the creek flow several times before actually getting to the falls.

Friday, June 24, 2016

This is a nice hike to do in the summer. It's nice and shady most of the way up. We went late June and there were lots of wildflowers!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Nice hike and kid friendly. My kids and i do this hike several times a year. Incline is little and varied. We have seen lots of wild life including deer and a moose. The falls is beautiful and is a nice refreshing break before heading back down. Generally snow free my mid April. Parking is generally not an issue.

Friday, January 23, 2015

This is a great family hike. I was able to do it with a baby on my back and with my dog. there is a bit of elevation gain but nothing too bad. The trail was really crowed but I did go on 4th of July weekend. I will be doing this one again. It was a really hot day but with the shade of the trees and the mist from the water fall at the end, we did not feel it to bad. The parking can get tricky so get there early if you are going to go during peak season

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Though just five miles, this is a moderately strenuous hike. But the route is beautifully scenic the whole way up.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Probably my favorite hike of all time! Been doing it ever since I was a little kid, so needless to say, the hike up is pretty easy. Once you reach the falls, it is absolutely breathtaking. Would love to continue the ascent to the lake sooner or later! Really recommend this hike!