Pine Creek Falls

Pine Creek Falls is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Livingston, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great easy trail! Fun with my mom, easy drive there.

This trail follows the creek through some beautiful old growth Douglas Fir forest. You are going uphill most of the way in but it’s not steep. There are many paths that lead off to the river along the trail but when you come to the falls you’ll know you’ve arrived because they’re awesome! It’s a great spot to sit down with some of the mist from the falls cooling you off after the hike. Hiked this on my birthday this year and thought what a great way to spend the day.

This is a pretty easy hike. The trail is very well maintained and there’s people of all ages hiking it. A very pleasant experience as far as short hikes go.

Fun and rugged for a “family” trail. Rocky and cool. Lots of stopping off points to view the rushing creek, close mb huge rocks, more.

Beautiful waterfall and trail! A little muddy with rocks and roots but so worth it!!! Lots of families out today with kids and dogs!

Pine Creek Falls are well worth the hike although as the property owner of the property the access road passes through to get to the falls this attraction can be a pain in the butt.
Hikers/tourists need to take care to read the posted signs & quit trespassing on private property.
Forest service public ground does not start until you cross the final cattle guard!!
The littering discarded on our place is also an issue. People stop throwing your trash out your windows. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate me throwing my trash in your yard so don't do it in mine!!
If you don't like my comments then start respecting private property & I won't have to address these issues like I shouldn't have to anyway. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE & THEIR PROPERTY OR STAY AWAY!

Beautiful hike 2 weeks ago. Perfect weather (high 50s?), and hardly anyone there. Gorgeous views!

Nice trail. A bit muddy but very well traveled. Waterfall was very powerful with all the runoff.

Nice trail. Two water falls at the same place. Dog friendly. I would do it again.

muddy, rocky, but a beautiful resting stop at the falls. fairly busy trail.

Easy pleasant hike with lots of forest. Lots of trail runners as well as hikers on weekends. Dog friendly and places along the way for dogs to get some water. Great hike for families with young kids.

Great for trail running—rocky in some spots. Nice easy hike!

Easy, scenic hike with a stunning payoff! I went on a Monday evening around 6:30pm and didn’t run into too many people on the trail. By the time I got to the falls, I got to enjoy them all to myself. The drive to the trailhead is beautiful and just as much a part of the whole experience. Highly, highly recommend!

A fun and easy hike with kids. A short incline near the falls, but otherwise easy going. A popular hike so it can be a bit crowded during the summer, but well worth it. Once you reach the falls make sure to go just a bit further around the corner to see another waterfall.

Great trail, beautiful views!

Trail was very easy with a couple moderate inclines. Kid and dog friendly. I went alone around dawn at 7am and only saw one other gentleman on the trail at this time. Got a bit crowded on my way back. Trail extends further to a lake. Great views of surrounding mountains through the trees and waterfall.

The trail description is very accurate. Our 4 year old hiked the entire trail by herself. The trail was fairly crowded (it's a holiday weekend), but it was still enjoyable. Great views and the waterfall was nice, with a narrow foot bridge to cross the creek below the falls.

Rocky trail to run on, but cool. At dawn alone bear spray makes for a good running buddy.

Falls flowing well.

Fun hike with the kids gets a little busy in the afternoon but overall a great hike!

My favorite quick trail around Livingston! Always beautiful and if you go early not very crowded. We take the dogs here almost every morning early hike up to the falls (sometimes to the top which is worth the extra .5 mile) and then we run back down. There is plenty of water along the way for the dogs too.

Great hike with my son on my back.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Easy to moderate for us 60 year olds. Used our hiking sticks and glad of it. Beautiful falls. Fun bridge to stand on.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

pretty cool i guess

Monday, July 03, 2017

great hike, beautiful falls.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Beautiful short hike in Paradise Valley. The Falls do not disappoint, at least early in the summer. Busy trail and we've never done it on a weekend!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

A wonderful hike for all ages. Shaded for most of the way.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Easy except the rocks and stumps on trail. Beautiful waterfall. Worth the trip.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Really lovely trail for all kinds of hikers, and on a beautiful June Saturday it was fairly crowded. The falls are worth it - be sure to cross the bridge and take a few more steps because there is a second waterfall just to the right of the first, but hidden!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Worth the trek to the end! Sign reads 1 mile to Falls, but it is more like 2.