Phipps Park Trail

Phipps Park Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Billings, Montana that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great hike with the kids and dogs!!!

Bad ass

Good trail with great views. It is only moderate up the first 3/4 of a mile then relatively flat on top of the Mesa. As stated previously great views from both sides.

Great short hike....nice views every direction!

It's a good short trail. Pretty views and so close to town. I wish there wasn't so much development in the valley.

Tons of fun! The first part is the most difficult (especially while wearing a 20lb baby) but it's not too bad. My 4 year old enjoyed it and didn't even complain.

Nice place to explore for a few hours

Pleasantly surprised! Took about an hour from start to finish. Not sure of "kid" friendly around the top then back down the way we came so becare full what trail you take when you get to the top. No snakes found on our outing. Do take water you'll want some. Had fun will do it again (I have uploaded some photos)

This is a great local (if you live in Billings) hike. The first part has a pretty steep incline but flattens out after a bit. The views are awesome. We needed to turn off the TV and get out of the house and this hike was perfect. My five year old had no issues and my seven year old asked if we could hike it every day. Hopefully it reopens soon.

Monday, July 04, 2016