Phipps Park Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Billings, Montana that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Steep hill in the beginning but easy once at top. Great views.

Good early morning hike. Not too difficult, pretty good climb to start the first half mile or so. Be sure to look for the site of the old house, the chimney and kitchen are still there.

good trail, pretty tough climb the first half mile.

Fun quick hike and the first part is pretty steep. I plan on taking my kids next time.

Beautiful area just 15 min from the central part of town. 1/2 mile steep hike and then single track trails on top. Amazing views! I ran/hiked 4.5 miles total. Not exactly sure if I stayed on the main path. Many little trails that branch off the main trail. Easy to find your way around though. I will be back!

It was a good workout and relatively easy to follow the trail! A bit narrow in spots and not for someone with a fear of heights.

Is this trail wheelchair accessible? It says it is on the homepage but I haven’t seen anything on the reviews . Thank you

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Really step hill to the top, have two different loops once to the top.

Saturday, October 07, 2017

This trail was great for kids 5+. The view at the top was incredible looking over Billings. We had our baby with us too so we took our stroller but FYI this is NOT stroller friendly! Beautiful hike!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Easy short hike--nice to do when you don't have much time. Just the first part of the hike is "moderate" ... then it's more of a walk.

Friday, August 04, 2017

Pretty nice little hike. I'm definitely not used to walking that steep of a hike anymore. But that was the whole point of going.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

A great hike with the kids and dogs!!!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Bad ass

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Good trail with great views. It is only moderate up the first 3/4 of a mile then relatively flat on top of the Mesa. As stated previously great views from both sides.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Great short hike....nice views every direction!

Monday, November 07, 2016

It's a good short trail. Pretty views and so close to town. I wish there wasn't so much development in the valley.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Tons of fun! The first part is the most difficult (especially while wearing a 20lb baby) but it's not too bad. My 4 year old enjoyed it and didn't even complain.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nice place to explore for a few hours

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pleasantly surprised! Took about an hour from start to finish. Not sure of "kid" friendly around the top then back down the way we came so becare full what trail you take when you get to the top. No snakes found on our outing. Do take water you'll want some. Had fun will do it again (I have uploaded some photos)

Friday, August 05, 2016

This is a great local (if you live in Billings) hike. The first part has a pretty steep incline but flattens out after a bit. The views are awesome. We needed to turn off the TV and get out of the house and this hike was perfect. My five year old had no issues and my seven year old asked if we could hike it every day. Hopefully it reopens soon.

Monday, July 04, 2016

It is still closed

Friday, May 20, 2016

5/20/2016.
Went Mountain biking and it was closed til further notice. :(

Monday, March 07, 2016

Great walk with kids. Challenging enough but not too much. My 4 and 5 year old walked 3 miles and enjoyed it. The initial uphill climb is a steep one but it was a great "training hike" firmly littles!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

It was a great hike. Very steep incline about .5 miles from the trailhead. It's a nice little hike though and phenomenal views!!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Great trail. Looks out in every direction over Billings. Difficult incline right off the bat but then flattens out pretty good. It's lengthy, so can spend a good amount of time up there enjoying the views. Relaxing and peaceful.

Sunday, April 05, 2015

really enjoy this hike because it is so easily accessible, wishing there were more intensity to it, only one good initial climb then pretty flattened out

Monday, September 08, 2014

Fun mountain bike area with folfing options.

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Quick trip from Billings. Well worth it. Take the first mile slow it's a straight up hill hike. Also this trail shares with a folf (frisbee golf) course.
Great hike with dogs but beware of snakes.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What a beautiful area for a hike! That first hill is a killer but the gorgeous views make up for it.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

That first climb is steep but over all good trail.