Our Lake From South Fork Teton Trailhead

Our Lake From South Fork Teton Trailhead is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Choteau, Montana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great hike, there were a few fallen trees but they weren't hard to go around. Only problem I had was the snow. Went hiking June 11, 2018 and it started snowing on us, plus there was still a good bit on the trail near the top. 2 spots of the snow on the trail were a bit dangerous/tricky. Later we would have gotten lost if it weren't for old footprints in the snow. We eventually did not make it to the lake because we lost the trail from the snow. If we were better dressed and there were trail markers the hike would have been better.

It was a awesome hike, I am a beginner and I would consider a moderate, the elevation was gradual with switchback inclines. I was wearing a 25lb pack and did well. We went up mid June and there was still snow at the higher elevations about half a mile from the lake. we didn't get all the way through the snow was hip high still. I am definitely planning on going back up later in the year.

My favorite lake hike that I have done so far. Really amazing views as you hike and at the top.

Great hike ... I need to remember to bring more water on these hot days

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

dose anyone know how the our lake trail is

Monday, May 29, 2017

Went in late May and the last mile was still snow covered and the lake was frozen. Hard to get to the top in the deep snow which made it impossible to find any real trail, but it was a fun challenge and we had a great time. Really beautiful.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Amazing Hike!!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Gorgeous!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Great trail. It's full of thick vegetation, but breaks open into rocky pathways with breathtaking views.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Awesome!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Amazing views and nicely maintained trail! The wildlife abounds as does the Rocky Mountain plant life our gps put it at 6.2 miles round trip

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Been doing this family hike since I was 7. Love it.
Moderate. Good for all ages. Beautiful lake, waterfall, alpine valleys with wildflowers, mountain goats. Everything you want in a Montana hike.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Flowers were beautiful the first week in July. We saw mountain goats playing at the lake.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Such a beautiful hike and the lake is an indescribable color! It's a moderate hike, lots of areas to climb once your at the lake if you choose to. We did see big horn sheep last time I was there and lots of bear grass!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Our Lake, near Choteau, Montana, is an amazing hike is most enjoyable - moderately strenuous. Need to take your time, enjoying the blossoming bear grass and other wild flowers.
Stop-turn around, to look and the view behind you!
Mountain Goats like to hang out at the lake and raise their young.
Take a pack lunch, picnic at the top - beautiful.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017