North Kootenai Lake Via Kootenai Creek Trail

North Kootenai Lake Via Kootenai Creek Trail is a 19.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stevensville, Montana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is best used from July until September.

Beautiful hike and great for the dogs!

Although we didnt make it to the falls (maybe half way there) it was beautiful along the way! definitely will be returning to finish

Decided to hike up to the lake and back in a day, and we defiantly bit off more than we could chew, but it is absolutely doable if you are in good shape and determined. Best for a 2-3 day outing. Good campsites along the way. Water from running streams and make is drinkable. Gorgeous views. Trail gets very hard to find at points after 6 miles. Several times it Crosses across streams or rock which can make it hard to follow.

geocaching

Tried a different location and hike earlier today with my dog and ended up running from the mosquitos. I've been wanting to get to this hike for a long time and it was on my way back so we decided to stop and get a sneak peak. Did a really short hike, but was stopping often because of how beautiful it was. Found a few geocaches while we were here too. I'm excited that this trail may be my new favorite.

I did this a few years ago now. Beautiful hike although the end of the trail was not kept towards the end so to continue it needed some guessing to get to the lake. Also part of it was burnt which made it a little less scenic but should be growing back now.

It was a very cold day for a hike (9 degrees), but the trail was beautiful hiking in the snow. The snow depth is minimal, with a couple of stretches of ice that warrants using cleats to be safe. I would also suggest taking hiking poles to provide additional balance going down hills. I made it to where the trail ascends to the lakes before turning around. The frozen waterfalls along the creek were amazing!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Only hiked the first four miles. Nice creek with plenty of spots to chill. Nice views of the surrounding canyon. Ended up stopping where I could see a peak at the very end of the valley. Looking forward actually making it to the lake.

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Easy trail, great scenery and fishing was great after the first 4 miles.

Thursday, July 14, 2016