Mt Helena Via Powerline Trail

Mt Helena Via Powerline Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Helena, Montana that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Steep climb, great workout to the top. No switch-backs, just straight up but fairly short.

During our first visit to Helena, we hiked the Powerline trail to the summit and took 1906 down the mountain. Being from the Midwest, I found this first climb to be moderately challenging. I consider myself relatively fit, but have to admit the altitude and steep incline in a short amount of time was not expected. After spending a week in that altitude, I returned to the same hike and did it in half the time.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

With all the recent wood chipping it smells wonderful!!! This trail is a little steeper than 1906 but is more direct and will get you to the top faster. I suggest going up Powerline and down 1906 for a nice loop.

Monday, August 14, 2017