Mount Ascension

Mount Ascension is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Helena, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Markings could be clearer. Fantastic views. Much harder than moderate, though. Steep, with scrabbly spots.

No real directions. We kind of wandered around but it was a beautiful hike.

Description should be added to include all trail names needed to get to the top but it was a great hike.

Great hike. It was a beautiful Easter day!

Began the hike around 12:30. Left around 3:00. It we a warm November evening an snow had not yet arrived, so we gave it a shot. This was my second mountain biking experience, and I guess I just expected it to be more epic. You hike for 1- 1 1/2 hours and a 1/2 downhill. What can I say? It's not Big Sky.

Great trail close enough to town for a quick hike, but far enough away to forget that you're in Helena.

A series of well marked trails offering a decent ascent to Mt. Ascension. At the saddle, heading to the peak away from My. Ascension affords even better views.