Memorial Falls is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Neihart, Montana that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 347 feet Route Type: Loop

Not really a hike.... very easy.

Fun kid friendly hike. I missed the loop part. We hiked up to the second falls turned around and hiked back out. We went on a Sunday and it was one of the busiest trails I have seen.

Nice scenic trail. Not terribly challenging but worth it to get out and about. Would like to go back when it’s warmer and get under the waterfall itself.

icy

Great trail for our family with a 3 year old and a 1 year old! We just went May 2020 and there was still some snow packed on the trail with a very narrow icy section on a hill that was difficult to get by with the littles but it was very worth the effort! Beautiful waterfall and easy short hike! Highly recommend!

Beautiful area to hike, especially in the winter. The falls are very scenic in the deep snow and ice!!! The trail isn’t very long, but is well worth the hike!!!

Great trail! About 10 minutes into the hike there’s a very icy area that you might not be able to get up without cleats. Beautiful and easy hike though! Dog friendly.

Nice parking with a bathroom right before you start the trail. Also a picnic table overlooking the stream makes a good place for you to eat lunch before your hike. We brought our 3 kids ages 1,2,6 and it was a good hike for them. we had to carry the younger two for certain parts of the trail so we kind of wish we had come more prepared with hiking baby carriers. There were plenty of very shallow spots for the kids to explore and cool off in. The trail goes well past the waterfall and up the mountain. Very family friendly , clean, and beautiful scenery. This is our first trail completed with this app , had a great time cant wait to check out more trails.

The falls were not very impressive. But the setting is beautiful. The trail goes farther up the mountain than the app indicates. This is a good hike for kids because it isn't very long and there's lots of big rocks to play on. And its shady almost the entire way up.

Quick and easy hike to some pretty falls. It’s on the popular side but is good for families! We poked around in the areas behind the falls and found some cool shelters that people had put together.

Nice easy hike. I walked around a bit in the woods as there are several trails from people doing the same. There are also some structures and foot bridges built with the dead trees past the end of the trail.

Great easy trail with amazing views. Sadly there seem to be a lot of people that are going here to carve names and stuff in the trees. With the pine beetle killing trees in this area people need to take care of the living ones not carve stuff in them. So come enjoy the amazing beauty of this area but please leave the carving tools at home.

Excellent little hike.

beautiful! my puppies loved the walk!

easy as it gets

We went on this trail Mothers day weekend and it had SO much snow, which made it hard to hike, but not impossible. It was actually really pretty and I did it carrying my 3 month old in a wrap and my 4 year old walked/hiked the whole thing himself. Great little trail, best during summer months.

Wed May 22 2019

I really enjoyed this trail. It was rocky in some places but I was there to enjoy the scenery so I took my time and the rockiness was not a deterrent. I was a little nervous about the ice in some places but I’m from the desert so it was especially beautiful for me.

Sun Apr 21 2019

We love this trail! Great hike for younger kids!

Tue Mar 12 2019

We went this weekend and on Saturday and we weren’t able to make it to the Falls because the snow was so deep, we kept falling through and it was up to our hips. We decided to come back on Sunday with snowshoes and it was a night and day difference. The snow was more packed down and we didn’t need snow shoes... Snow is starting to melt, and so is the falls, so I recommend going soon if you want to see the falls in its frozen glory

Mon Feb 18 2019

This was a fun little jaunt in the snow. We are going to come back in the summer time, to see the differences in the scenery. Even in the snow, it’s a fairly easy stroll.

Sun Dec 30 2018

did this in December with 2 grandchildren under 5. what an adventure. Had a blast although we had to trail blaze across the creek and back due to a solid section of slick ice that was too dangerous for the kids. Beautiful in the snow.

Sat Aug 25 2018

Easy, short walk to the falls. Very pretty, great for kids and adults. Benches and boulders to sit on.

Thu Aug 09 2018

Short out-and-back to a pair of nice waterfalls. Trail is somewhat rocky. Though not particularly steep, the high altitude will get you winded faster than usual. I enjoyed my quick visit here.

Mon Aug 06 2018

Trail was a little rugged in some spots. But my 8 year old did well. Very beautiful.

Mon Jul 23 2018

Great little hike to a beautiful waterfall. Trail is good, but a little rocky. It is worth it.

Fri Jul 20 2018

Nice falls, nice hike, even a chance to do some rock face scaling! Two gorgeous water falls to see up here!

Sun Feb 18 2018

Perfect hike with young kids ~3+ years old. Good in all seasons. Some rock climbing or bouldering spots scattered throughout. Can connect with a hike up Jefferson Creek.

Mon Sep 11 2017

Nice little hike. Very kid friendly. Great views with shade. Not too crowded. Another hiker reported a black bear just off the trail by the upper fall.