Livingston Peak Trail

Livingston Peak Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Livingston, Montana that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Crazy 4 wheel drive to get up to the trail, fun! Beautiful trail, flowers... well worth the hike

I'm confused by your rating of "Easy" and your stated elevation gain of only 900 feet. I have lived in Livingston for 30 years and so this peak and trail are well known to me. Me and my family climbed it just yesterday. The trail is about 4 miles each way as you say. But the elevation gain is more than 3000 feet. The last .7 miles from the saddle to the peak gains 1000 feet which is fairly steep by trail standards and is not "easy". Are we talking about the same hike? Gorgeous views from the peak and the wild flowers alone are worth the effort.

Really nice trail but super remote. I was pretty nervous the whole time being a solo female with two pups. I forgot my bear spray (for the first time ever) and of course saw a bear right at the end near the parking lot. Take bear spray and a friend. Beautiful trail though!!

beautiful flowers this time of year! wish we could've had more time to summit the peak but the views were still amazing at our lower elevation hike :)

Beware, the drive to the trailhead is 11 miles from downtown Livingston. The drive took 45 minutes in a lifted truck because the road was so rough and rocky. Once we got to the trailhead we only walked a half mile before turning back because we saw lots of bear tracks in the snow. Although, there were some beautiful views along the way be prepared for a serious drive and bears.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014