Lincoln Lake

Lincoln Lake is a 15.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near West Glacier, Montana that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

6/20/2018 This trial taught me the importance of always double checking with the ranger station on trail status. We hiked the brutal uphill and got about 4.5 miles in when we found a posting stating the remainder of the trail was closed due to high bear activity. Always check! The beginning of the trail was brutal for about the first 2-2.5 miles. HIGHLY suggest you have hiking poles. Some of the trail is overgrown, but it is pretty easy to spot the trail for the most part. After about 2 miles you hit a burnt forest, so make sure you bring sunscreen and a hat. The trail is pretty isolated so you will definitely want to bring your bear spray along. I hope I can get back one day and finish the hike, of course checking with the rangers this time!

Harder hike for sure. Some of the trail is over grown but has berries to eat along the way. Take the bear spray on this one. The lake and waterfall are beautiful. Worth the hike.

Great trail except for the first 2 miles or so. You start off straight up the mountain, after that not too bad.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Strenuous hike, I would highly recommend. Pretty low traffic when I went in August 2015. The waterfall and lake are beautiful.

Thursday, April 06, 2017

It is really a tough hike, 9.2 miles each way according to my gps. Beautiful waterfall at the head of the lake. I would recommend it if you are in shape.

Saturday, April 23, 2016